Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK/O2 OTB 1.1.2 unlock guide needed for China 3GPP SIM

Default UK/O2 OTB 1.1.2 unlock guide needed for China 3GPP SIM
    Hi All,

I have an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone from the UK, so locked to O2. It's week 43 but is 1.1.2 out of the box. I've bought a China 3GPP SIM so that I can run on any network. This SIM was sold to be compatible with UK/DE/FR. The seller gave a guide but the links point to sites/forums that make it clear that the instructions are for US phones only.

What I'd like is a definite guide for UK 1.1.2 OTB phones for use with the 3GPP (or China3GPP) SIM.

I realise that there are a few variants of this SIM as dotdd mentions here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...52&postcount=9 so any links to info on how to tell if the SIM really is UK or not would be helpful too.

I have spent a long time googling and looking here but I can't find specific info for the UK/1.1.2 OTB/China 3GPP combination, so any guidance greatly appreciated. I don't want to get it wrong.

Thanks -g

Surely there must be someone in the UK who's done this unlock. I've got the phone and the SIM and would love to start using it. Please help.
    Last edited by gtahhh; 2008-01-31 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost