Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ziphone leaves iphone in recovery mode

Exclamation ziphone leaves iphone in recovery mode
    hey guys..i used ziphone twice while unlocking and it worked perfectly fine and when i restored and tried to unlock again ziphone leaves my iphone in recovery mode and it makes my phone unable to unlock. i had to numerously have to restore my phone with itunes because of that. i really want my iphone back so any help would be appreciated.

it would help to know all this 1.1.1. stuff i dont understand and what is IMEI? or downgrading or upgrading? (sorry for being a NOOB but i have to learn somewhere)

Ok if your using windows use Winpwn there's a guid in the Jailbreaking subforum winpwn

I have used Ziphone before as well and experienced no problems but if you use winpwn it's almost a sureshot if you have any questions how to use winpwn there's tons of guides around here that are useful

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rosskey711 For This Useful Post:

ROA.CH (2008-08-10)

If you are using a mac, it will be pwnage tool which you can find on blog.iphone-dev.org. Here are the steps once the tool is downloaded:

OK, here is what you need to do if you have an iphone 2G with 3.9 bootloader and unlocked using ziphone. Therefore, never been pwned.
    -First, connect your current iphone to itunes. Back up everything. (Sync your accounts).
    -Next, go into user/library/itunes and create a folder named "device support". If its already there, then delete everything in it.
    -Now download the proper 2.0 ipsw file from this forum.
    -Donwload the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files from this forum.
    -Place everything on your desktop.
    -Download Pwnge 2.0
    -Open up pwnge 2.0
    -Select the first option (iphone) but in expert mode
    -browse your computer to locate the 2.0 ipsw file.
    -Next in general tab, use enable baseband update
    -In bootloader, checkmark the box for update the bootloader and checkmark upgrade to 4.6.
    -Finally, pick build and hit the next button.
    -Pwnage will ask you to locate both the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files. Locate them manually (Make sure they were unzipped first)
    -Then it will ask you to find a location to save the new custom ipsw file.
    -Hit save and Pwnage will build the custom firmware in the selected saved location.
    -Pwnage will ask you for your administrative password to finalize the process.
    -Once the process is done, you will get a prompt telling you to plus in your iphone using your usb.
    -Follow the steps on screen to put your phone into DFU mode.
    -Pwnage will tell you it successfully found your phone in DFU mode
    -Next, close Pwnage and open up Itunes.
    -Option click the restore button and locate your new custom firmware.
    -Let itunes do its thing.
    -Once the process is done, your iphone will boot into 2.0 software but don't touch it yet.
    -Bootloader will do its thing by flashing your iphone to the proper baseband (4.6)
    -Do not touch your computer while this is happening even if Itunes is asking you to set up a new iphone.
    -Once the flashing has been done, your phone will be unlocked, activated and jailbroken.
    -If you have two macs like I do, I did the pwnage on one and had my back up on another.
    -Plug in your iphone and itunes should tell you to restore your phone with previous settings (contacts, pictures etc.)
    -Choose, restore and let the iphone get all of your data back.
    -You will notice a new tab for application.
    -Checkmark "sync all applications".
    -Get your apps from the itunes store.

Enjoy, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me @ [email protected]

Using Rogers in Canada and the pwnage 2.1 worked flawlessly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to satch2501 For This Useful Post:

ROA.CH (2008-08-10)

whats winpwn? (im using windows)....thanks for your guys help but im also asking if you can explain to me firmware and ''1.1.1.v''...? ''baseband''? thanks you guys for your support really appreciate it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

ROA.CH (2008-08-11)

UGH! IDK WHY ZIPHONE DOESNT WORK!...it keeps bricking my phone (bricking is when i cant even get my iphone to use emergency calls right?)....winpwn is soo confusing..

5A347 restore how do i get that file? i downloaded the two in the instructions. what kinda firmwear do i need?

5A347 restore how do i get that file? i downloaded the two in the instructions. what kinda firmwear do i need?
    Last edited by ROA.CH; 2008-08-10 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can find the firmwares here:

http://www.benm.at/?p=464

You can find the firmwares here:

http://www.benm.at/?p=464
    Last edited by satch2501; 2008-08-11 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello Guys, I have "Incorrect SIM..." error on my unlocked iPhone, I downgraded it up to 1.0.1 but still getting the same message, please assist. Thanks

Ok guys, here's the problem. I recently upgrated iTunes which caused my iPhone to get locked =/. So now I've been trying to unlock it with ZiPhone but for some reason it wouldn't unlock. My iPhone stays on recovery mode (with the iTunes logo) and nothing else happens. But then I get a little msg on ZiPhone that my iPhone couldn't be detected whereas iTunes does detect it, so what I wanna know is how can I get it unlocked? or what have I been doing wrong or what should I be doing in order to unlock it. Plus I read somewhere that it'll help if my phone's battery is 85% charged but I still havent tried that tho. but anyway...!! PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afa786 View Post
    Ok guys, here's the problem. I recently upgrated iTunes which caused my iPhone to get locked =/. So now I've been trying to unlock it with ZiPhone but for some reason it wouldn't unlock. My iPhone stays on recovery mode (with the iTunes logo) and nothing else happens. But then I get a little msg on ZiPhone that my iPhone couldn't be detected whereas iTunes does detect it, so what I wanna know is how can I get it unlocked? or what have I been doing wrong or what should I be doing in order to unlock it. Plus I read somewhere that it'll help if my phone's battery is 85% charged but I still havent tried that tho. but anyway...!! PLEASE HELP!
    Take a look here: iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone

thanx but I've already went through all these steps but still wouldn't detect it.

Thanks

Put the phone in DFU mode.

ok well I'm kinda thinking its not my phone that has a problem but more like probably ZiPhone does or something, cuz just today I tried jailbreaking my friends iPhone and ZiPhone wouldn't detect her iPhone either

Thanks

Dont use ziphone!......Use QuickPwn to J/B & unlock.

okie thanx! i'll try that.

okie one more question! would it also work for iPhone 1.1.4?
    Last edited by afa786; 2008-11-11 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by afa786 View Post
    okie thanx! i'll try that.

okie one more question! would it also work for iPhone 1.1.4?
    If you must stay on 1.1.4, then you will need to use Ziphone.

ok but for some reason it doesn't seem to work ... it doesn't detect my iphone and my iPhone stays on recovery mode.

Thanks

I would put the phone in DFU mode and update by itunes to 2.1 and then use quickpwn to j/b & unlock the phone.

^^Agreed, is there a specific reason you wanna stay on 1.1.4? 2.1 is much better.

oh no i was just wondering, but thanx again i'll try that.

OMG! thank you sooo much you guys!! I finally got it unlocked!=D!!
    Last edited by afa786; 2008-11-11 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast