Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock 1.1.3 with IPSF

Default Unlock 1.1.3 with IPSF
    Try this at your own risk, I take NO responsibility for what you attempt to do

Anyway... If you have 1.1.1/1.1.2 unlocked with IPSF, you can have a FULL 1.1.3, unlocked.

I'm not going to post details, but here's the just of it...

Upgrade to 1.1.3 via iTunes, this leaves you with a Locked, unactivated 1.1.3

Downgrade to 1.1.1 via iTunes, jailbreak.

Once at Jailbroken 1.1.1, follow Nate's instructions to upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.3

You now have a fully unlocked, jailbroken, 1.1.3, but NO SIGNAL.
    Download Signal.app from http://www.trick77.com/downloads/ , put it in your applications folder, restart iphone, run Signal, and you should have a working, Sim unlocked, 1.1.3 iphone, with working google maps, hybrid, locate me, wiggly icons... all of it

Yeah, I heard this works...
    iPhone 8GB
    Great Music player but can only hold 1000 songs
    Need an iPhone that can hold my >100,000 songs
    I'm still dreaming.

Banned
    Thanks

hmmmm....seems pretty ricky. can u post the link to the place you found this

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25185

This site shows commands to be run via putty, but its not necessary with the signal.app i posted earlier

I had trouble getting all this to work, but I did get it to work.

Banned
    Thanks

here is what the guy said on hackint0sh that really made me think: "After completing these instructions the phone should work fine, unless you reboot"....so if i reboot my phone do i have to run the services app again??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    here is what the guy said on hackint0sh that really made me think: "After completing these instructions the phone should work fine, unless you reboot"....so if i reboot my phone do i have to run the services app again??
    Yes you will have to run that Signal.app each time you reboot. Or each time you switch a SIM card.

It sucks for me because I reboot my phone more than a couple times a day due to 3rd party apps or whatever. A computer needs a good reboot every now and again anyways. So that is why I havent gone this route.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    Yes you will have to run that Signal.app each time you reboot. Or each time you switch a SIM card.

It sucks for me because I reboot my phone more than a couple times a day due to 3rd party apps or whatever. A computer needs a good reboot every now and again anyways. So that is why I havent gone this route.
    what route did u go?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I just did Nate True's update. After I tried this, I went back and dowgraded my baseband and then did Nate True's upgrade.

I have Locateme.app running and all you do is run that once and then the locateme function in google maps works fine.

I hit the button in the bottom left of google maps and it finds my location no problem.

Banned
    Thanks

I thought all i had to do was do Nate True's upgrade and it kept the baseband the same. but just updated the firmware...thats why the phones stay unlocked... can u explain with more detail??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes you are right.

I tried the other route where you upgrade normally through iTunes, then you would have the 1.1.3 baseband and all (needed so that locate me in google maps works). Then you downgrade to 1.1.1 and then do the Nate True upgrade. Then you have to do this fix they are calling Signal.app now, or run some commands in Putty.

The problem is you have to run it each and every time you reboot. Not worth it yet for me.

So what I did after trying this method, was downgrade my baseband and then do the Nate True upgrade where it keeps your baseband the same as 1.1.2.

Google maps doesnt work per se, but using the LocateMe app it works fine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperextension For This Useful Post:

fat x nub (2008-01-27)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    Yes you are right.

I tried the other route where you upgrade normally through iTunes, then you would have the 1.1.3 baseband and all (needed so that locate me in google maps works). Then you downgrade to 1.1.1 and then do the Nate True upgrade. Then you have to do this fix they are calling Signal.app now, or run some commands in Putty.

The problem is you have to run it each and every time you reboot. Not worth it yet for me.

So what I did after trying this method, was downgrade my baseband and then do the Nate True upgrade where it keeps your baseband the same as 1.1.2.

Google maps doesnt work per se, but using the LocateMe app it works fine.
    ok....i am thinking about using ur method. but just got one more question. how exactly does the locate me app work?? and u did unlock previuosly with IPSF...right?
    btw: u have been thanked
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2008-01-27 at 04:45 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think Locateme works like google maps locateme. Uses cell phone tower triangulation or wifi triangulation to locate you. Similar to GPS triangulation but not with satellites and not as accurate.

The times I have used it though it located a spot only 300 meters from me, so always very close.

Yes my phone was unlocked with IPSF. Thanks for the thanks!

One thing I recommend is uninstalling all your 3rd party apps before you do the upgrade.

I think, the best thing you can do is restore back down to 1.1.1 and then, run the Nate True upgrade up to 1.1.3.

Banned
    Thanks

ok....THIS IS THE LAST QUESTION! i have started the process but i can't kick it out of DFU mode after i downgraded. i have tryed wnstaller and ibricker but it just wont get out of DFU mode

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

WARNING UNLOCK WILL WORK BT U WILL NOT ABLE TO RESTORE OR DOWNGRADE IT, IT WILL LOSE ALL THE IPSF LICENSE FROM IT ITS WHOLE KIND OF F****D UP SO BEWARE AND INSTALL ON YOUR RISK

THIS MEANS U HAVE TO BUY NEW LICENSE OR USE ANYSIM

WARNING UNLOCK WILL WORK BT U WILL NOT ABLE TO RESTORE OR DOWNGRADE IT, IT WILL LOSE ALL THE IPSF LICENSE FROM IT ITS WHOLE KIND OF F****D UP SO BEWARE AND INSTALL ON YOUR RISK

What?????? Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post
    WARNING UNLOCK WILL WORK BUT WILL NOT ABLE TO RESTORE OR DOWNGRADE IT, IT WILL LOSE ALL THE IPSF LICENSE FROM IT ITS WHOLE KIND OF F****D UP SO BEWARE AND INSTALL ON YOUR RISK

I cannot vouch for everyone, but as for my iPhone, this is WRONG! I upgraded normally to 1.1.3, downgraded to 1.1.1, upgraded to 1.1.2, however couldn't get the jailbreak to work, so went back to 1.1.1, and then Nate's method to 1.1.3, NEVER lost my unlock...

Personally, now that there is an app that I can run via springboard, I dont think this is a problem at all, so what if it takes an extra 3 sec. after switching sims, or reboot...

I dont know about people in larger cities, but here in a smaller city, locate me is HORRIBLE, if it actually finds me, it usually finds like a main tower or something, usually a couple of miles off. The new Maps find me however, is quite accurate for me.

I dont know about people in larger cities, but here in a smaller city, locate me is HORRIBLE, if it actually finds me, it usually finds like a main tower or something, usually a couple of miles off. The new Maps find me however, is quite accurate for me.