Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 04.03.13_G, non-iPhone O2 contract & lockdownd

please keep this thread alive as a lot of people, including myself are in this situation.
    Im assuming they are holding off the full 1.1.3 jailbreak then so that apple doesnt patch it before the sdk?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 1.1.2 OOB - no phone function
    Well i'm glad in one way to hear that I have the same problem as many others, can i confirm that you are all using some form of sim hardware fix, e.g. I have an iPhoneSimFreer which was working nicely on jailbroken 1.1.2
    I would try anything to get my phone back and the misses off my back and stop nagging.
    I keep checking this thread for updates etc.

I'm having same problem as the rest of you, we need someone to sort out a patch lockdownd file! We wouldn't of had this problem if creators of upgrading to 1.1.3 threads stated it was only for legit iphone contracts!

No, most of us arnt using a sim solution. Because of us using an 02 sim card, although not on an iphone contract, we were able to use them after jailbreaking 1.1.2. But now we no longer get a signal on 1.1.3, even after skipping activation/jailbreaking. It has something to do with the new baseband I think. If anyone knows anything else or how to fix it, please reply!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J.B View Post
    Thought I'd keep you posted - just had another quick chat on the irc channel. An there is another, proper, JB method for 1.1.3 ready and waiting for the SDK release, it's just a matter of time now.
    Couldn't shed more light on the lockdownd issue, but (speculation) I'd have thought that shouldn't be too much a problem.
    Please keep us posted if you hear anything else
    Last edited by scurrie; 2008-01-31 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by clincoln View Post
    Well i'm glad in one way to hear that I have the same problem as many others, can i confirm that you are all using some form of sim hardware fix, e.g. I have an iPhoneSimFreer which was working nicely on jailbroken 1.1.2
    I would try anything to get my phone back and the misses off my back and stop nagging.
    I keep checking this thread for updates etc.
    As said, no I don't think most of the posters in this thread are using a hardware solution, personally I'm not. Though from what I can see it's a similar goal. It would appear that JB 1.1.3 with the new baseband currently doesn't want to talk to the bb at all, except with the original, unpatched lockdownd from 1.1.3. Once that original 1.1.3 lockdownd can be activated, it'd just be a case of further modifying the *sim to simulate a sim from the correct carrier.

so do you think we will get a fix soon or will we have to wait at least until the sdk comes out at the end of feb, cause i really miss using my iphone as a phone :'(?

Most of us, on this thread anyway, just have O2 or AT&T sims but not the iphone sims that come with it. I guess its just a waiting game right now, i'm having withdrawal symptoms from not being able to use my iphone :'(

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK, i have a US improted phone which is 1.1.2 OOB which i had working via iPhoneSimFreer on a O2 contract sim but it no longer works after upgrading via iTunes. Got phone to 1.1.3 via soft update etc but when transfer lockdownd file the phone goes into emergency call status, is this what you are seeing or am I doing something completley wrong?

OK, i have a US improted phone which is 1.1.2 OOB which i had working via iPhoneSimFreer on a O2 contract sim but it no longer works after upgrading via iTunes. Got phone to 1.1.3 via soft update etc but when transfer lockdownd file the phone goes into emergency call status, is this what you are seeing or am I doing something completley wrong?
    Yes, but you are on a slightly different boat. as you are using a us phone on 02 and not at&t, unlike us who are using a 02 sim on a uk phone and just waiting for a patched lockdown, i believe you will have to wait until 1.1.3 is unlocked. Unless your 02 contract is an official iphone one, if thats the case just plug it into your comp, open itunes and it will automatically activate it for you
    hope this helps.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scurrie View Post
    Yes, but you are on a slightly different boat. as you are using a us phone on 02 and not at&t, unlike us who are using a 02 sim on a uk phone and just waiting for a patched lockdown, i believe you will have to wait until 1.1.3 is unlocked. Unless your 02 contract is an official iphone one, if thats the case just plug it into your comp, open itunes and it will automatically activate it for you
    hope this helps.
    Thanks for the clarification, got to wait till 1.1.4 is out i presume.

Thanks for the clarification, got to wait till 1.1.4 is out i presume.
    Yhea, unless you are lucky and got one of the iphones with bootloader 3.9 and not 4.6. If you dont know how to find this out pm me and ill be glad to help you out mate.

There will be a new HyperSIM released for 1.1.3 iPhones. It responds to the random SIM checks that 1.1.3 does. (1.1.2 has 2 checks on the SIM on insertion/boot up). I'm hoping to get a sample to test

Quote Originally Posted by hcrip View Post
    There will be a new HyperSIM released for 1.1.3 iPhones. It responds to the random SIM checks that 1.1.3 does. (1.1.2 has 2 checks on the SIM on insertion/boot up). I'm hoping to get a sample to test
    Although this will be useful, surely there must be a software method, such as the patched lockdownd for 02 users.

found this interesting piece of info that should put a smile on most peoples faces.

"Jonathan “NerveGas” Zdziarski has put an iPhone that has received the “secret” software/firmware 1.1.3 jailbreak — a method the iPhone Dev Team does not plan on releasing until after Apple has announced an official SDK — on eBay.

The jailbreak applied on this iPhone, unlike the currently available “soft-upgrade” method, is true. That means it uses the iPhone 1.1.3 baseband, iPhone 1.1.3 kernel, and operates without many of the issues plaguing users of the cumbersome soft-upgrade.

The item’s description reads:

“This 4GB iPhone has been my development phone since Apple’s initial release. It has been with me when we first jail-broke firmware 1.0.0, was used when I wrote ‘iPhone Open Application Development,’ and today is proudly running the ‘private’ jailbreak of firmware 1.1.3.

“The private jailbreak is how members of the dev-team jailbreak our own phones, but is not presently available to the public. This is one of the only ‘true’ jailbreaks out there for v1.1.3, and as such is running the 1.1.3 baseband, 1.1.3 kernel, and is activated - running flawlessly with the native Google location service, fully functioning sync, sound, and all other features as a proper upgrade does. The firmware was updated directly in iTunes, and so is a completely legal software revision to include with the iPhone. As a week 23 phone, this iPhone has the older boot-loader, which allows for unlocking. 1.1.3 unlocking development is underway, but will require an older bootloader like this one. And if you can’t wait then you can always downgrade the baseband when the next firmware version rolls out.”

The actual method for performing the jailbreak has been erased from this phone, so reverse engineering or discovery of the secret procedure doesn’t seem possible.
    Hopefully this means I have my phone back by the end of the month, presuming apple sticks to their feb sdk release
    Last edited by scurrie; 2008-02-01 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have a uk o2 contract iphone It was a 1.1.2 O.O.B I jailbreaked it to 1.1.2 then like a fool upgraded to 1.1.3 on Itunes I have tried everything to downgrade but I can restore to 1.1.3 through Itunes.
    What i'm trying to say that if someone can tell me how to get the lockdownd file off my phone I will upload so someone can try.

I am new to all this but if I can help I will

Quote Originally Posted by puredarkness View Post
    I have a uk o2 contract iphone It was a 1.1.2 O.O.B I jailbreaked it to 1.1.2 then like a fool upgraded to 1.1.3 on Itunes I have tried everything to downgrade but I can restore to 1.1.3 through Itunes.
    What i'm trying to say that if someone can tell me how to get the lockdownd file off my phone I will upload so someone can try.

I am new to all this but if I can help I will
    Is it the official iphone contract. If so pm me and i will send you the steps to downgrade and get the lockdownd file

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hcrip View Post
    I actually ordered 2 "samples" direct from the distributor. Hopefully they arrive in the next few days and I will definately post the results!

Cheers for that Scurrie, it's good to have it confirmed. It really is now just a case of waiting, what we need has already been done!

Default Do You have a link for this tread?
    Quote Originally Posted by scurrie View Post
    Although this will be useful, surely there must be a software method, such as the patched lockdownd for 02 users.

found this interesting piece of info that should put a smile on most peoples faces.

Hopefully this means I have my phone back by the end of the month, presuming apple sticks to their feb sdk release

Thats a great news Scurrie.

DO you have a link for the threand?
    Thanks.

Well for anyone that's still following this, we've got a solution. I just downgraded to 1.0.2, ran geohotz' unlock, went back to 1.1.2 via oktoprep & now I'm back where I was before I screwed the whole lot up

A big thanks to GeoHotz... I had a 1.1.2 OTB iphone with NextSIM in Australia and accidently upgraded to 1.1.3 via iTunes. I eventually was able to jailbreak it, but had no phone functionality. Thanks to GeoHotz, I was able to downgrade the new 04.03.13_G Baseband back to 04.02.13_G. Now all is working again!!! I'm not sure about the SIM unlock as I don't want to peel the NextSIM off just to find out. I'll post again when I have access to another SIM card. Great Work, GeoHotz! Thanks again!!!

Here's the guide, remember to install Oktoprep and BSD Subsystem before you install 1.1.2.

http://iphone.unlock.no/OTB112unlock.htm

Good luck!
    http://iphone.unlock.no/OTB112unlock.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast