Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Turbosim and 1.1.3 - 1.1.2 OTB iphone with turbosim... can i upgrade to 1.1.3??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question Turbosim and 1.1.3 - 1.1.2 OTB iphone with turbosim... can i upgrade to 1.1.3??
    hi

well yeh the title kinda sums it up

I hav a jailbroken 1.1.2 OTB iphone with turbosim... can i upgrade/jailbreak to 1.1.3 and still hav full functionality of the iphone??

If i can, would i hav to do nething different than the instructions given cuz i hav a turbosim?

thanks
    laz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yea im in the same boat as you. i have a 1.1.2 otb but with a next sim and i want to know if i can upgrade/jailbreak and still use my next sim.
    8GB iPhone 3G
    Expensive but lovin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lazarest View Post
    hi

well yeh the title kinda sums it up

I hav a jailbroken 1.1.2 OTB iphone with turbosim... can i upgrade/jailbreak to 1.1.3 and still hav full functionality of the iphone??

If i can, would i hav to do nething different than the instructions given cuz i hav a turbosim?

thanks
    laz
    just jailbreak per the instructions and your phone should be working and unlocked as it is now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxiii For This Useful Post:

iphonedude22 (2008-01-26), lazarest (2008-01-26)

The simple answer is yes. I have a bladox turboSIM, and as the 1.1.3 jailbreak doesnt actually upgrade the Baseband, all TurboSIMs, StealthSIMs, etc, will work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cheetah2k For This Useful Post:

lazarest (2008-01-26)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up Thanks
    Thanks
    Ill try it when i get back home in a couple of weeks and hope for the best then

I have a 1.1.3 OTB activated iphone with the NEXTsim card but doesnt catch the signal,to me seems like those *sims only works on upgraded phones and not on the 1.1.3 OTB's =( or any of you tried??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeh unfortunately i think thats the rumor thats going around - OTB 1.1.3 dont work with *Sim or software unlock. U might have to just wait and hope they develop somthing to get OTB 1.1.3's working

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    accidently posted twice - my bad
    Last edited by lazarest; 2008-01-28 at 08:26 AM.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NextSIM-v4-fo...QQcmdZViewItem

Hi guys

This guy's selling NextSim on ebay, pretty reputable but I wanna ask you

He mentioned installing iWorld on your phone! But i coudln't install it at all.

Will it still work?

I have a 1.1.2 OTB upgraded to 1.1.3 and jailbroken. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NextSIM-v4-fo...QQcmdZViewItem

Hi guys

This guy's selling NextSim on ebay, pretty reputable but I wanna ask you

He mentioned installing iWorld on your phone! But i coudln't install it at all.

Will it still work?

I have a 1.1.2 OTB upgraded to 1.1.3 and jailbroken. Thanks

i upgraded from a jailbreaked 1.1.2 to a non jailbreaked 1.1.3 and tried using the turbosim, it did not work, the reason was cuz the baseband was upgraded to (04.03.13_G)

so if upgrading to a 1.1.3 jailbreaked firmware with the same baseband of 1.1.2 (04.02.13_G) i believe it will work, not sure but did anyone try it.

yeah it works perfect ... just follow the jailbreak instructions .. make sure ur sim unlock is working fine with 1.1.2 and it will work for 1.1.3 .. i promise

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cartier1 View Post
    I have a 1.1.3 OTB activated iphone with the NEXTsim card but doesnt catch the signal,to me seems like those *sims only works on upgraded phones and not on the 1.1.3 OTB's =( or any of you tried??
    but even on 1.1.2, if the phone is at&t activated and u put in a sim with turbosim it wont work. it has to be jailbroken/activated before we can test *sims on 1.1.3

can anybody confirm , if ther is truth to this .

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/10038...cessories.html

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s.supreet View Post
    can anybody confirm , if ther is truth to this .

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/10038...cessories.html
    I can't find the info now but I read some info about the guy who runs that site 'John Anthony Castro' (sometimes called Juan Castro apparently) and it wasn't good. Personally I wouldn't buy from there.

correct dont ever buy anything from JOHN ANTHONY CASTRO the guy is a scammer. He thinks that because he ran for mayor or whatever it was and wrote a book that he can do as he likes. He scammed me for 15 iphones and is now claimed the have been delivered and i am trying to scam him. he has "proof" however after asking for the tracking info at least 8 times he never passed it on and even tried to get me to pay another $500 do get the non-existant package out of us customs. His site is iphoneversion111.com and his companies include DISTRIBUTION EXPRESS. he supplied my sample order and when i ordered more that is when he struck. STAY CLEAR.

This is John Anthony Castro. This post was done by Mr. Gordon Sharp, an individual who claims that my company defrauded him. What Mr. Sharp fails to address is how the tracking number "EB 052417049 US" states that the package was delivered if you verify it at www.USPS.com. The truth of the matter is we do not know why he is claiming he did not receive his package. To be completely honest, we at first thought he was trying to scam us, but how many scammers leave posts all over the Internet claiming to have been defrauded? Unless of course they're really desperate drug addicts, but that's a long shot. We have come up with possible events that include one of Mr. Sharp's employees signing for and stealing the package, the package being stolen by the postal worker, the package being delivered to the doorstep but stolen. The list can go on and on, but the fact remains that it is listed as arriving in the United Kingdom, clearing customs, and being delivered. The United States Postal Service does not lie. The package was delivered in the United Kingdom and our company is no longer responsible. I am terribly sorry for this incident and apologize to Mr. Sharp and I assure you our company will initiate an investigation and will have a result soon, but there is very little we can do since the package is clearly in the United Kingdom.

Please tell me that our company can do to help and we will do it.

I have a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone, i don't know anything about jailbraking, when i bought my iPhone it was already done for me. My Phone is unlocked by turboSim. I'm really hesitant about updating the phone, can anyone tell me if and what i should do to update my phone?

why dont u try zibri or iplus?

Hi,

As quirkyboy says. Now that we have iPlus / iLiberty+ /ziphone you can all upgrade you phones to 1.1.4 and forget about the *Sim solutions. You don't need them. They were a stopgap solution before a solution was developed for iPhones deliverred with BootLoader 4.6. i.e. OTB 1.1.2 and later.

All mentioned solutions work equally well. I have used them all without any problem. Some people seems to have problems with WiFi etc when they use Ziphone.

Otherwise the big difference inbetween the solutions is that Ziphone will downgrade your bootloader to 3.9. Exactly the same version that was in iPhones manufactured before week 45. With this bootloader there is currently no software based way to restore it to 4.6

iPlus/iLiberty+ however downgrade to BootLoader 3.9 Fake Blank. With this version you can use software to restore you 4.6 BootLoader.

It's pretty much up to you which route you go. I do however prefer iLiberty+.

There are many good guides for all of theese tools

iLiberty+ (Mac) http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=847
    iLiberty+ (Windows) http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=849
    Ziphone (Mac) http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=747
    Ziphone (Windows) http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=746

Good luck with your updating efforts.