Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best SIM Adapter to unlock iPhone 3G

Default Best SIM Adapter to unlock iPhone 3G
    From what I've read here, YESSIM, Turbo SIM, and StealthSIM have SIM adapters to unlock iPhone 3G. Are they all tested to work properly? Because I am reading some stuff that some adapters stop working after a few days.

Which one is the best SIM adapter?? The phones will be purchased from US and will be used in Europe.

Thanks...

yes someone say which one is the best, I am also interested..

Well, if your buying a 3G iphone in the US, none of them work. I've already tested this and it does not work, not even on my previous generation 4GB iphone with firmware 2.0

^^ um your wrong,i bought my 3g in the us,using turbo sim right now working 100 percent,edge working etc,right now something is up with my edge got to fix it this week.

I am confused now. rud3bwoy, you say it works, brent91055, you say you tested it and it didn't work??

StealthSIM announced that they guarantee it works. It's kinda pricey though. How much is TurboSIM?

this is such a good thread, this is going to help people to buy the right sim based on the country and carrier they are.

I have used the YESSIM in tmobile usa, here are the following issues:

-"No Service" when signal is lost, but theres a fix (you have to swap the real sim to any other phone that works fine with the sim and then put it back in the iphone with the yessim.)

- No edge since day one. No fix so far*

* There's a new update for the yessim that is supposed to fix these two problems.

I also bought an i-smart from honk kong for 16 dollars free shipping. I will get it on wednesday (based on the tracking number.) I read from some other member that i-smart is fully functional with tmobile USA. I will update you guys on wednesday.
    Last edited by andrew.julian; 2008-08-04 at 07:27 AM.

I am confused now. rud3bwoy, you say it works, brent91055, you say you tested it and it didn't work??

StealthSIM announced that they guarantee it works. It's kinda pricey though. How much is TurboSIM?

yes it does work but something is wrong with the edge i might have to restore never seen this issue before.

I got 3G iphone 16GB jailbroken i went back Viet Nam use sim adapter but

i used with Mobil phone network after put in for 1 hr the sinal is lost, then i bought

another sim card call Vina the sinal very good everything working fine i think you guy

just wait for the software unlock dont buy any adapter sim they wont work propery on

some networks

I have tested all of the adapters you are taking about and i have my conclusions that i want to share.

Here are the main problems:
    - All adapters are thick and if you are not careful you can easily damage the simcard slot of the phone
    - All adapters are working only some time ( if you stay at home for 3 days they will work for 3 days, as they loose signal only when your phone switches the network cell )
    - All adapters are not working in 3G/EDGE for more than few hours

They use the same unlocking method that they copied from each other and from other simcard adapters already available on the market so they perform the same. Some adapters like YESSIM they don't even copied the hardware right ( so you have to do some additional hardware modifications to get it working )

The solution for loosing signal after few hours:

Keep at all times an unlocked phone with you
    Take out the simcard put it into the unlocked phone
    Wait until the phone aquires network
    Put back the simcard into iPhone

So i am sure 100% that if you think your iPhone is working ... you'll just have to wait few hours/days to prove yourself you are wrong.
    Last edited by Razorblade; 2008-08-04 at 09:05 PM.

^ well you are right about the edge thing mines was working then stopped

about losing signal never lost signal yet,went to boston etc and great service,i lost signal before but it was due to the fact the turbo sim moved,i had to shave down my tmobile sim for it to sit right in place,working great ever since.

stealth sim seems to be an excellent method
    Who uses signatures these days???

I am sure it was not because the sim moved :-).
    Many times if you take out and put it back it will work, but not because something moved, because anyway there is not much space for the simcards to move ( this is one of the problems of thick sim adaptors )

yea it was cause the sim was moved,when we opend it up it was out of place for some odd reason

I have updated my iphone 3G to firmware 2.1. I'm using YESSIM in TMO USA and it runs awesome. I didn't have to pwn the file at all 2.1 seems very stable so far, not a crash or anything. apps open faster though

^^ how about edge?is it working etc?

I bought a yessim and it didn't work at all. It also got stuck in the phone, and I had to take the phone apart to remove it (very scary).

My phone is still working, but sim locked. So basically, I have an expensive iPod touch.

I have a turbo sim and it works great. edge w/t-zones hack works. Set data roam to on, and 3g off. Use winpwn and deselect activate. Activate through iTunes 7.7 and do not restore your old data...set as new iPhone.

I've only been using it for a day, so take it for what it's worth.

Small piece of double stick tape at top, and small piece of tape at bottom to make insertion easier.

Hope this helps.

yea i tried all that to set up a new phone and all,still won't work tho,only worked for a week or so then the edge went bye bye =/

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.julian View Post
    I also bought an i-smart from honk kong for 16 dollars free shipping. I will get it on wednesday (based on the tracking number.) I read from some other member that i-smart is fully functional with tmobile USA. I will update you guys on wednesday.
    where did u get it?
    i want to get one too~thanks~

on some ebay feedbacks, there is people claiming that i-smart doesn´t work on iphone 3G.

cheers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast