Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best SIM Adapter to unlock iPhone 3G

Quote Originally Posted by callme.morpheus View Post
    I use the hypersim store sim, it works perfect, I would suggest putting a lil peice of tape on the bottom to hold the sim to the adapter to make it easier to slide in, but they work great, no issues (as long as you dont bend em) even on 2.1 I actually run a local unlocking service and use these, I buy in bulk from them and have have only had 2 bad cards of about 50 and the people seem to be good guys which is a plus.

By the way I have Tmo USA

I have a Turbo Sim and tried using it in both my 16GB 3G iphone and my previous generation 4GB iphone. The words "invalid sim" scroll across where it should show a netowork (I'm using T-Mobile). My 4GB previous generation iPhone automatically goes back to the locked "emergency call" only screen until you remove the Turbo Sim.

But...I bought a SIM adapter off ebay and it works. The only thing that sucks is there is no 3G, as this is not available yet from T-Mobile..which sucks because it's just like having a previous generation iphone. The main reason I got the 3G iphone was for that feature and the GPS (which really sucks)
    Last edited by brent91055; 2008-09-22 at 04:33 AM.

does anyone know if the i-smart 3g is any good

The black I-smartphone 3g does not work for me on Tmobile after a few hours

Hands down universal-sim 5.5. I bought it from flea bay got it in 3 days. No network loss, no changing the sim in different phones, no bs. Ive been running this card for 2 solid weeks traveling between cities, and at my home with little coverage area, this phone has 4 bars, where as my wife with a 2g iphone and software unlocked gets 1 bar. Take it for what its worth but im happy.

P.S. This is with T-Mobile USA
    Last edited by glustic; 2008-10-03 at 09:29 PM.
    8GB 3G iPhone

• Universal-Sim 5.5 Unlock
    • 2.1 Pwned with Pwnage Tool

I am using the 2.1 turbo sim that I also bought off of ebay. It has been working great for the past day or two, but I guess time will really tell. Everything works fine, but I was wondering if anyone was able to get a T-Mobile 3G signal? And if so how'd you do it?

Does the 3G work in countries outside the US like Italy? Thanks

After my FAILed use of universal sim V550, which cost me $40 and gave me a NO SIM card installed error after a week of use... even after I swapped it back into another phone and back into the 3G it only lasted another 2 days...

Now Im beta testing a new sim called Virgin-Sim. Its a no cutting soluton hence the name virginSIM. I was sent 2 versions, a high speed version and a normal speed version.. the high speed didnt work for me. Might be a faulty card, but the normal speed version works like a dream so far. Seems to work better than the universal sim. I havent lost signal, or edge. Everything has been working so far, but its only been about 12 hours or so, so thats not really enough time to give any kind of serious opinion. Except to say that it it was super easy to install since no cutting was required, and it picked up the US Tmobile network in about 15-30 seconds from installation. Dont ask where to get it, I dont know if they have a website yet as I was contacted and offered test samples. But Ill keep you all posted.

Exactly 2 weeks after using my Gevey-3G, it suddenly stopped working. My phone randomly said no signal and then gave the "sim not inserted" message. I took out my sim and the adapter and placed my sim in my original t-mobile phone (without the adapter). Then I placed the sim with the Gevey-3G adapter back into my iPhone and it was working fine again.

My T-zones hack (from Cydia) wasn't working after I put the sim back into my iPhone, so I had to uninstall it and reset all of my phone's settings to make it work again. I had to reset my settings because simply reinstalling the T-zones hack (with force clear) didn't work.
    Last edited by ausdhnj; 2008-10-05 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Motorola V70, A630,
    T-Mobile (HTC) SDA, Dash, Wing
    Apple iPhone 2G, 3G
    Favorite: Samsung A117

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a quick update on Universal Sim Unlocker version 5.5 software. Still working great as I'm approaching week 3 (on Friday).

I have however experienced the dreaded 'No Service' message where my signal should be....this has happened at least once every couple of days since towards the end of last week.

However, a simple respring or restart has always solved this problem so far. Everything else still works great. Never had to remove the sim either and stick it into another phone..phew!!

Working Great:
    SMS - in and out
    MMS Swirley - out (haven't tested incoming yet)
    Internet - 3G and 2G works great
    GPS - even works over 2G, but a bit too slow to keep up whilst driving....
    Calls - in and out...no issues at all and no dropped calls (call quality excellent)
    Reception - better than 1st Gen iPhone unlocked to same network (T-Mobile UK)
    Push e-mail - works well over 2G or 3G too

Conclusion: Still happy with this solution until software unlock becomes available...but it is a little annoying if I have lost signal/reception on occasion and am not aware of it...but like I said..a simple respring solves it 99.9% of the time..otherwise a full restart will.

Damn all this money spent on these simcard adapters and sounds like they work like $hit!

You guys should have just donated all your money to the iPhoneDev team and maybe it would have helped speed up the release of a software unlock by now

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    Damn all this money spent on these simcard adapters and sounds like they work like !

You guys should have just donated all your money to the iPhoneDev team and maybe it would have helped speed up the release of a software unlock by now

Just a thought
    Um... are you being sarcastic or...? I mean you do realize the Dev Team doesn't take donations right?
    blog.iphone-dev.org | Donations to /dev/null

Quote Originally Posted by jb510 View Post
    Um... are you being sarcastic or...? I mean you do realize the Dev Team doesn't take donations right?
    blog.iphone-dev.org | Donations to /dev/null
    haha I know man I was just kidding around. It would just be nice to finally have the software unlock out so we wouldn't have to deal with all these garbage *** sim card adapters

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    Damn all this money spent on these simcard adapters and sounds like they work like !

Just a thought
    People still relying on Dev team huh. Can anyone tell me any version of iphone they actually unlocked? I thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostology View Post
    People still relying on Dev team huh. Can anyone tell me any version of iphone they actually unlocked? I thought so.

I guess the answer is zero then, correct?

From what I've remembered in the past Geo Hotz unlocked baseband 3.9 & 4.6.

Dev team comes in, creates all these simple apps like Anysim to unlock firmwares 1.02->current.

dev team sucks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow there seems to be alot of Dev-Team bashing going on.

Well I still have faith in them.

Someone seriously needs to come out with a software unlock. I'm tired of the no service message.

I don't know about you guys but my phone works perfect with the sim adapter. No loss signal or anything like that. And yes, Dev team sucks. Try saying something positive on the other iphone forum about sim adapters and you will be shot down. The way they make it sound, no sim adapters work for the 3G at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostology View Post
    I don't know about you guys but my phone works perfect with the sim adapter. No loss signal or anything like that. And yes, Dev team sucks. Try saying something positive on the other iphone forum about sim adapters and you will be shot down. The way they make it sound, no sim adapters work for the 3G at all.
    Which one are you using?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast