Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best SIM Adapter to unlock iPhone 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bebeboouk View Post
    Steer clear of i-smartphone from Hong Kong (Deal Extreme stock it). I love Deal Extreme, but the card stopped working after a day and when it was it didn't accept incoming calls and no internet either. Basically useless. Bladox Turbosim is not officially supported and the firmware is buggy. X-Sim doesn't work at all and neither do old gen iphone sim hacks. The only thing that worked (and has been working for a week) is the Universal Sim. But make sure you buy a programmer to update it. It just future proofs it. After a month of my iPhone gathering dust, I can finally lay my n95 to bed and use a much sexier phone!
    Would this be the programmer youre talking about?
    SIM-MAX-12 Pack USB programmer/reader and SIM card 12 in 1

Also I am having trouble finding the Universal SIM online.

The ANY-HOME SIM doesnt seem to have firmware.

Jeeze - I wouldn't buy that one - that's over $100 U.S.!!! (and it comes with a SIM card that you can't use)

I found them on eBay for $10, Just search for Sim Programmer or Sim Reader...

My .02

i got a ismart sim and it worked for like three weeks

psh
    it was 9$

For any one with T-Mobile USA, yessim works fully with latest firmware. 13 days and no problems so far.

I have pwn my 3g iphone with v 2.03 jailbreak and when afer restore itune wants me to activate with my original simcard which is from O2 U.K. but i dont have it and i m in Malaysia. Can anybody help. I also use a rebelsim and it doesnt work showing no service.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you all for trying the various sim solutions out there and sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

It seems sim unlocking the 3G iPhone is a waste of time until the dev team have cracked the software unlocking. What's the betting that these sim unlocking companies will soon thereafter be able to supply fully working sim solutions afterwards?

Think I'll wait for the dev team.

P.S.. I'm in the UK and am using a standard o2 Pay-as-go sim card in it....so no 3G and therefore no GPS either...only WiFi internet works also.
    Last edited by iMack007; 2008-08-28 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaggi View Post
    has anyone tied using universal-sim?

UNIVERSAL-SIM The ultimate universal unlock SIM
    Universal Sim works stable on T-Mobile USA... When you restart your phone you have to turn off 3g/roaming and when you get a signal turn on it again... If you do not need Edge you do not have to do anything, and it works perfect...

Thanks

Default For real?
    Quote Originally Posted by djdom111 View Post
    Universal Sim works stable on T-Mobile USA... When you restart your phone you have to turn off 3g/roaming and when you get a signal turn on it again... If you do not need Edge you do not have to do anything, and it works perfect...
    Interesting..thanks for your feedback.

So are you saying that the Universal Sim works perfectly and there are no issues with T-Mobile USA at all..and 3G works too or not?

I'm in the UK and think out T-Mobile 3G works on a different frequency to yours.

Just wondering if there are any UK iPhone 3G owners who have successfully unlocked theirs to work with T-Mobile's 3G network and can use the web 'n walk data plan and A-GPS with Google Maps etc?

Thanks for any feedback guys.

I received the any-network.com device today and working great so far with Vodafone UK - will report back if any problems come up...

See screengrab below - Vodafone UK with 3G !

Last edited by gavjs; 2008-08-29 at 12:29 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gavjs For This Useful Post:

iMack007 (2008-08-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Dunno which is best but this one works. Thought I share.

I did it today. sim unlock from Brando worked as claimed.

pics here...

Paid $20 for the sim unlock plus just $3 shipping, arrived in 9 days.

anyone tried the hypersim from HyperSim Store Home Page ?? Its only $13 and doesnt require you to cut your sim card... sounds too good to be true... and yessim says that they released a new version(final version) that suposouly works better now... I hate this! Why cant they just work like they did in the first iPhones... whats with the losing signal complaints after a few days?! Just got a new 3G 16 gig white.. and dying to use it... no 3G for tmobile, but the GPS works.

The one thing I like about the Any-Network v2 device (just recently released) was that no cutting of sim card was required - just place device into tray then place sim on top. Ever so slightly tricky to get into phone but sim tray now seems to come in and out relatively easily.

PS - I dont work for them and will update if I have any negative experiences. Today is first day out and about and 3g / calls / text all working great !

Quote Originally Posted by gavjs View Post
    The one thing I like about the Any-Network v2 device (just recently released) was that no cutting of sim card was required - just place device into tray then place sim on top. Ever so slightly tricky to get into phone but sim tray now seems to come in and out relatively easily.

PS - I dont work for them and will update if I have any negative experiences. Today is first day out and about and 3g / calls / text all working great !
    Looks interesting.

But IMHO $60USD for adapter + shipping etc. looks extremely high for such device...

I am testing Universal-SIM adapters.

Agree that cutting a sim a little bit of a work but will take 2 min max.

I was able to get T-Mobile connection and GPRS/EDGE network using Universal-SIM.

Cannot get to 3G hence there no coverage in my area.

Can anyone recommend anything for 3G iPhone on a US Tmobile account? I know the 3G network isn't compatible so I just need phone, SMS and edge working. Any suggestions/success stories or ones that don't work?

i can tell you for sure not to get any version of I-sim from ebay, even the "NEW" black version dont work with t-mobile, i will try Universal Sim next, just need to find a place where to buy one in US

I use an XSIM (:: www.super-xsim.com - Home ::) with an AT&T 3G and a German Vodafone SIM. I accidentaly updated the phone to firmware 2.02 today, used Quickpwn to activate it (with FW 2.0, wasn't aware that the iTunes restore function would also update the FW) and it still works
    I'm not sure whether 3G works though, sitting at home atm with WiFi, still need to try 3G.

Edit: It also works with iTunes 7.7.1 now, where it only worked with 7.7 before (using Vista 64 and OS X). I don't know whether this is due to Quickpwn or the 2.02 firmware, but it being due to the firmware wouldn't make any sense actually.
    Last edited by Nickel020; 2008-08-29 at 09:12 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the problem with cutting SIM ? You ain't gonna hurt it. lol

cutting the card wount hurt it, but make sure you check with a card manifacturer if it works with your provider.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavjs View Post
    I received the any-network.com device today and working great so far with Vodafone UK - will report back if any problems come up...

See screengrab below - Vodafone UK with 3G !

Great news gavjs!! Thanks for that. How's it been going? Any signal loss out of the ordinary or 3G problems? Does your GPS function well (as was intended)?

Where did you get this any-network.com device and how much was it? Could you possibly check if a UK T_Mobile sim works just as well with it (if you have access to one or happen to be passing a T-Mobile shop).

This sounds like the solution for me and a couple of friends who have locked 3G iPhones. Please let us know.

Does Vodafone use the same frequency for 3G as T-Mob here in the UK? Anybody know the answer to this one please.

Sorry about the multitude of questions, but I gotta be sure as there are quite a few of us ready to invest and we're all on prior contracts with T-Mobile UK.

Thanks for feedback and help.

Thanks to evryone else for your feedback too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast