Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking Question...

Default Unlocking Question...
    So this may be a silly question, but I couldn't find a definite answer anywhere so I figured I would post here. I bought a 3G yesterday and I want to sell my original 2G iPhone with 2.0 on craigslist. I took my sim card out, ran pwnage tool 2.0.1, clicked no to legit user and so on.... Restored the custom firmware through itunes. Everything seems to have gone smooth. Once the "set up your iphone" page came up in itunes I just ejected the phone.

My real question is, can the phone now be used on any GSM network? Are there any other steps that need to be taken to get things working? I just don't want to advertise the phone as unlocked and then have the person say it doesn't work or want their money back. Sorry, this is probably a common question, I could probably find the info somewhere but didn't look in the right place. Any help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by swilliams; 2008-08-03 at 11:06 AM.

dude i suggest you edit that post and delete the text or you are going to be flamed. and no pwnage doesn't unlock iphone 3g yet. it just jailbreaks it.

jailbreak=free to install software and make modifications
    unlock=use any carrier or gms network.

I'm not trying to unlock or jailbreak my new 3G.... Reread the post. I'm trying to unlock my ORIGINAL 2G, 1G, whatever you want to call it iphone because I have no use for it and wouldn't mind getting some cash to cover the 3G that I just bought and have at&t with.

edit:
    There, I put "2G" in the first post to clear things up. Flame on.
    Last edited by swilliams; 2008-08-03 at 11:08 AM.