Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OTB 1.1.2 US iPhone using O2 sim card

Default OTB 1.1.2 US iPhone using O2 sim card
    Hi,

Firstly apologies if this has been answered before, I have had a good search around, but not been able to find a specific match to my question.

I bought a OTB 1.1.2 iPhone in the US for my wife, but want to use it in the UK. I thought that I could the same method to unlock the iPhone I used for my UK iPhone (drop to 1.1.1, jailbreakme.com, back to 1.1.2, jailbreak 1.1.2) and use a pay as you go SIM card from the iPhone carrier in the UK, O2.

I tried my SIM card in the US iPhone and it came up with the incorrect SIM message. I thought as O2 was the iPhone carrier for the UK, it would work with the current partial unlock, but I guess I'm wrong on that.

Can I use iWorld to get round this (though the UK isn't listed as I understand it), or will I need to wait for the impending anySim release for OTB 1.1.2 iPhones?

Thanks,

Carl

Basically NO

At the moment to my knowledge there is no way to unlock (SIM LOCK)your phone via Software

There is a way how to do a hardware unlock but you risk trashing your phone unless your an expert

You can buy a sim method which can be bought from various companies
    i.e. turbosim

Im in the same position playing the waiting game for 1.1.2 OTB SIM unlock to become available

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason the pay-as-you-go card on the UK phone worked for you is that it is still an O2 sim card. The phone is programmed to recognize these cards. Follow subway999's method for getting the US phone to work in the UK. You can also do a hardware unlock, which is actually really easy once you get the phone apart. If you don;t want to buy more sim-cards and such nonsense, I recommend a hard unlock. (or keep crossing your fingers for the soft unlock!)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings