Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Successfully hw unlocked 1.1.2 oob iphone

Default Successfully hw unlocked 1.1.2 oob iphone
    I finally decided the heck with it, and went on and hw unlocked my iphone. I thought it would be harder than what it seemed, but I guess not. I think that opening the iphone case is harder than doing the actual unlock. I recommend that you do not do this unless you know what you are doing, and you are doing it with the right tools. I F*ked up my case simply because I did not have the right tools.

did you take any photos of the process?

How long did it take you etc.

Did you tested all the function of GSM like calling and SMS
    Mac Tiger on HP AMD notebook
    1.0.2 iPhone
    Windows XP SP2 on HP AMD notebook
    Briked 4 iPhone to downgrade BL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to priyankchouksey For This Useful Post:

miguel pavon (2008-01-25)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It is really easy. Search for the tools online and buy some PLASTIC ones. I have done this with one of my phones, my girlfriend is still keeping one with the sim unlock method. Everything works as it should, essentially what the hardware unlock is doing is making the phone into a 1.1.1 out of the box (as far as firmware and bootloader are concerned). The reason I don't do this to both phones is I am not sure how hard it will be to update and such to 1.1.3+ Once the jailbreak and such happen for 1.1.3 you better believe I am all in with both phones (granted things work out ok for hard unlocked phones too)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

that mean you have downgrade your BL4.6 to BL3.9 ??

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    It is really easy. Search for the tools online and buy some PLASTIC ones. I have done this with one of my phones, my girlfriend is still keeping one with the sim unlock method. Everything works as it should, essentially what the hardware unlock is doing is making the phone into a 1.1.1 out of the box (as far as firmware and bootloader are concerned). The reason I don't do this to both phones is I am not sure how hard it will be to update and such to 1.1.3+ Once the jailbreak and such happen for 1.1.3 you better believe I am all in with both phones (granted things work out ok for hard unlocked phones too)
    Hi sziklassy

Do you have any websites from where we can find those plastic tools. Direct link will be much appreciated

thanks ...

Asma ..

I could not understand the way the opening of the iphone is shown in the pictures , could you tell us all how exactly you opened the case ??

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emmjay View Post
    Hi sziklassy

Do you have any websites from where we can find those plastic tools. Direct link will be much appreciated
    http://www.ifixit.com/Apple-Parts/Spudger/IF145-002
    The item in question is called a "spudger" I just linked that one from a site I found searching google. The ones I used were actually some that my computer science degree friend had (he has lots of fun gadgets!) They looked a little different, a bit more flat and spoonlike, but the one I linked should do the trick. They also make metal ones but I would stay away from those.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

emmjay (2008-01-27)

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    http://www.ifixit.com/Apple-Parts/Spudger/IF145-002
    The item in question is called a "spudger" I just linked that one from a site I found searching google. The ones I used were actually some that my computer science degree friend had (he has lots of fun gadgets!) They looked a little different, a bit more flat and spoonlike, but the one I linked should do the trick. They also make metal ones but I would stay away from those.
    Thanks

Now can Someone tell me how to OPEN the IPHONE.. Picture tutorial doesnot really help.. !!!

Asma ??? Any help ?