Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Software Unlocked iPhone 3G

Default Software Unlocked iPhone 3G
    Can anyone tell me if this website is legit? They claimed to have unlocked the iPhone 3G, and for a $24 fee, you can download their software. Is this bullshi*? Click the link below.

Unlock iPhone 2.0 and 3G

Rule number I-dunno of the internet: if you THINK it's a scam, chances are it is a scam.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Sight looks like it was made quickly, no links but pay pal, and come one the iPhone in the picture says AT&T. I would not buy from it and just wait till it is available for free. And why would they let you download it you would give it to your friends?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowck5000 For This Useful Post:

atit (2008-08-24), MDWireless (2008-08-02), slade (2008-08-03)

i can confirm it is fake. They use paypal because paypal doesn't cover software in their warranty.

I'll let you know. PayPal doesn't cover it, so I use a credit card through PayPal. If it doesn't work, I will call the credit card company and revoke the charge.

Can confirm..it's a scam. They send you pwnage in a zip file. Called credit card company and revoked the charge.
    Last edited by brent91055; 2008-08-01 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

theiphoneproject
    READ THIS
    DON'T GET SCAMMED.
    IPHONE 3G IS NOT UNLOCKED IN ANYWAY!

interesting. I have a guy locally that claims he can do a software unlock of the iphone 3G. Will have to go see what he's about.

I was thinking the same thing that if the iphone dev team isn't there yet......

I have a feeling some of these guys are confusing unlock with jailbreak?

But i've also see some strange things on ebay. people advertisitng iPhone 3G models downgraded to 1.1.4 firmware and unlocked. Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but I'm not expert.....

Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    interesting. I have a guy locally that claims he can do a software unlock of the iphone 3G. Will have to go see what he's about.

I was thinking the same thing that if the iphone dev team isn't there yet......

I have a feeling some of these guys are confusing unlock with jailbreak?

But i've also see some strange things on ebay. people advertisitng iPhone 3G models downgraded to 1.1.4 firmware and unlocked. Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but I'm not expert.....

cant be done I have tried It, youll get error codes regardless of dfu or not.

Also like someone earlier said. This does look like it was a cut and paste website go figure
    Who uses signatures these days???