Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help on Unlocking back my Iphone..8 GIG

Default Help on Unlocking back my Iphone..8 GIG
    Okay so when I bought my Iphone it was unlocked already updated to 1.1.4, today i was playing with Itunes and I didnt know that it would go back to its default settings if I click Update to 2.0, so now its locked...

I tried to unlock it with this software ZiPhone...but either i'm doing something wrong or it doesnt work..

and also my sim card is locked i believe now...

I'm not sure if the phone is updated to 2.0 because it only gives me an option to call emergency...or plug in the usb..when i do that it gives me th elink below..

what should i do? Can anyone help me pls?

http://i36.tinypic.com/mc3cbp.jpg

I'm not sure if im suppose to take out the sim while im trying to unlock it...or leave it in there?
    Last edited by iLLbanianKid; 2008-08-01 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Do a restore to 1.1.4, then you can use Ziphone to unlock it and then pwned it using winpwn to bring it to 2.0. You may have to put your phone into DFU mode to get it recognized by iTunes. Otherwise, a simple restore mode may do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by satch2501 View Post
    Do a restore to 1.1.4, then you can use Ziphone to unlock it and then pwned it using winpwn to bring it to 2.0. You may have to put your phone into DFU mode to get it recognized by iTunes. Otherwise, a simple restore mode may do the trick.
    Is there a way you can give me some tips on downgrading it to 1.1.4 if possible man?

What programs do i need to use?

I am suffering the EXACT same issue.

I have tried to do the 1.1.4 restore by shift+restore only to get a partial extracting software....cannot restore iphone (20) error message.

I have tried the ispw builder with winpwn 2.0 no luck due to iphone dissconnected message during restore process. (recovery mode does no good either, because itunes says sim card incompatibable)
    www.brainst0rm.com

...: : : C H I L L T H E P L A N E T : : :...

hope this help...

DOWNLOAD iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore to your desktop
    UNINSTALL your current Itunes
    Go CDocuments and Settings\My Documents\My Music\iTunes and delete all the files in there!
    DOWNLOAD ITUNES 7.5 and install
    DOWNLOAD Iliberty setup and install

1. Put your phone into DFU mode..
    - basically open your itunes 7.5
    - press power button and home button (count for 10 sec)
    - keep holding home button but release power button for another 10 sec
    - Itunes should pop up something by now.
    - pres shift on ur PC keyboard and click restore button on Itunes
    - Load iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore from your desktop
    - 1.1.4 is done on your iphone BUT ITS LOCK!

2. Open Iliberty
    - Close your Itunes
    - In the Iliberty tab, go Advanced option and check everything.
    - go back to main screen and check everything.
    - Press Go
    - VOILA..

By the way, when i unlock, my was using Iliberty version 1.2.0.65

good luck!

Smile thanks so much for that
    I followed your instructions to the letter but now my iphone won't reboot past the apple icon with the little loading sun thing and then thats as far as it goes. Shall i just start again at the beginning? the only difference is that i reinstalled itunes, it was 7.7 now...much difference? and should i update the iLiberty? thanks alot...