Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pay for INTERNET??!!

Default Pay for INTERNET??!!
    I just received my iPhone and am an att customer. the reason i want to do this is so i dont have to pay those extra fees for text messages and internet.

will anything do this for me so i cant connect to wifi and all the apps on the iphone without paying the extra $20 fee every month???

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

You can connect to wifi, and there are free text messaging websites you can browse via safari(you don't need a hack for this, just go to general and then wifi and connect to a nearby wifi signal). You can't get free edge though...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    You can connect to wifi, and there are free text messaging websites you can browse via safari(you don't need a hack for this, just go to general and then wifi and connect to a nearby wifi signal). You can't get free edge though...
    very cool. i would like to know if the iphones on ebay that are unlocked are reliable. or should i just unlock it myself with stealthsim or simfree or a software like that.

im pretty much new here, so dont know much. thanks!

also, even though i dont have a g3 sim card or whatever, its ok since i have an att sim card?

I would just grab yourself a new phone from an apple store and jailbreak it up. Then pop a stealthSIM in there. You would be saving your self money, shipping and potential fraud. Its so very easy to jailbreak the phone follow this tutorial: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461

If you plan on using AT&T then you do not need a StealthSIM... if you plan on using you phone out of country with another GSM provider, then I would get a StealthSIM... Or if you plan on using a company like T-Mobile...

Also dont upgrade to 1.1.3 yet since their is no PUBLIC jailbreak for this version as of yet.
    I would get your iPhone soon 1.1.3 OTB will start popping up in Apple Stores starting in Early FEB. According to apple ppl at macworld / apple stores... (that is if you want another 1.1.2)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyxbmc View Post
    I would just grab yourself a new phone from an apple store and jailbreak it up. Then pop a stealthSIM in there. You would be saving your self money, shipping and potential fraud. Its so very easy to jailbreak the phone follow this tutorial: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461

If you plan on using AT&T then you do not need a StealthSIM... if you plan on using you phone out of country with another GSM provider, then I would get a StealthSIM... Or if you plan on using a company like T-Mobile...

Also dont upgrade to 1.1.3 yet since their is no PUBLIC jailbreak for this version as of yet.
    I would get your iPhone soon 1.1.3 OTB will start popping up in Apple Stores starting in Early FEB. According to apple ppl at macworld / apple stores... (that is if you want another 1.1.2)
    i plan to use at&t but dont want to pay extra fees. that means all i have to do is jailbreak the iphone and thats it? no turbosim, stealthsim, no nothing?

thanks!

Nope you dont need a turbo sim or anything if you are using it on AT&T since the phone is "locked" to that network. If you were using it for tmobile or something then you would need the turbosim. If i were you I would hurry up and grab a new iphone from an att store or something (make sure you get a 1.1.2, not sure when the 1.1.3 will be in stores so research that) and then jailbreak the 1.1.2 to use on ATT without a new contract and to avoid the internet fees. Check out the guides section at the top of this website to jailbreak the 1.1.2 otb. I have done it and can tell you that it is very easy if you follow all the instructions