Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone, Don't Want iPhone Contract, Old AT&T SIM... HELPP!!!!!!

Thanks
    Cool New iPhone, Don't Want iPhone Contract, Old AT&T SIM... HELPP!!!!!!
    What I have:

• New, Unactivated iPhone
    • iTunes
    • Old AT&T Contract, without data

What I want:

• Activated iPhone that will work with my current AT&T SIM, without going through iTunes to activate it the traditional way.

How can I activate the iPhone without going through iTunes and AT&T? What software does this?

Also, how would I use my old AT&T SIM? It is not the original card for the iPhone, and I need to use it.

--

I need a list of directions with links to software if needed. Thank you so much!!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreak it... there are plenty of tutorials for this. if you jailbreak you will be able to use your current sim.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

mikenoecker (2008-01-23), xiethan (2008-01-23)

Thanks
    So basically, jailbreaking your iPhone will allow you to skip the activation process. Does this also unlock it?

I'm kind of new. Haha, thank you for helping, and I've already hit thanks!

(: Ethan

PS: I know that jailbreaking your iPhone adds features and programs that you want on there, but does it take away any of the features?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

No it does not unlock the phone, but you don't need to. the phone will recognize your sim just fine since it is ATT. unlocking the phone is only for those who want to use non-ATT service. jailbreaking doesn't take away any features (unless you want firmware 1.1.3). The jailbreak process has been completed but will not be released for 1.1.3 until after the SDK is realeased (mid February). In other words, jailbreaking a 1.1.2 will give you all the features of a stock 1.1.2 and then some.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

mikenoecker (2008-01-23)