Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 OTB jailbroke, No signal with valid AT&T Sim

Default 1.1.2 OTB jailbroke, No signal with valid AT&T Sim
    Since this is my first post, I searched for 2 days and didn't find anything pertaining to my problem.

I purchased this phone new, and I went through Itunes to activate it. I then performed the jailbreak, and all was well. Then my wife wanted to give the Iphone a spin, so i put her sim card(active 3g sim) in the Iphone and it looked like it worked except it only had one bar for signal. When I attempted to place a call it would say call ended call failed.

My question to you is did I lock myself to only one AT&T sim when I activated though AT&T, and is there any thing I can do with software that will allow me to put my wifes sim in my Iphone.

Thanks Guys

To the Mods: Please do not move my thread to the AT&T specific thread. I looked through all the threads over there and no one had a solution.
    Last edited by center_99_99; 2008-01-22 at 07:27 PM.

You havent mentioned a VERY important piece of information.

Is your wife's simcard with ATT??

If the answer is YES, then all you have to do is place her simcard in the iphone and restore the phone in Itunes, that will wipe/de-activate it and after the restore you will be prompted to re-activate it with her simcard, which is done quickly in Itunes as well.

If she is NOT on ATT, the Iphone must be "unlocked" because you CANNOT use another carrier.

Ohhh, and I will also apologize in advance, as my brain hurts right now....if there is an easier way of doing it, its not coming to me at the moment.

APPEARENTLY MY BRAIN IS NOT FUNCTIONING - I JUST SAW THE TITLE SAID YOU ARE TRYING AN AT&T SIMCARD - SORRY
    Last edited by cpjr; 2008-01-22 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks man.

So if I do that will it prompt me for a 2 year contract.

If it is wanting a new contract can I use a different process.

What you do is take out your ATT sim and put a blank ATT sim insided.

Then go to DFU mode and from there follow the jailbreak process

once you jailbreak (while keeping the blank ATT sim inside)

your phone will be completely jailbroken w/ "Hacktivation"

this allows you to use your phone with ANY ATT/Cingular card just by swapping.

Thanks a million. I will try it tonight.

Thanks, Uphone! It worked great.
    Last edited by center_99_99; 2008-01-23 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost