Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: got my IPHONE 3g unlocked!

well some sim cards require to have the phone jailbroken. The only thing you need to do after you buy it is to stick it on your real sim and put it carefully in your iphone 3g.

You would have to take a further step if you don't get edge or "NO SERVICE". You will have to update the firmware of your yessim, turbo sim, whaterver you buy. Not all of them can be updated, if you buy one that cannot be updated then you are pretty much screwed.

I would recommend to get one and use it just until the real software unlock comes out. Like the iphone dev says, that thing does some nasty things in the network and its better to stay away from them. But i think it is ok to use them meanwhile for us impatient people.

i have a 1st gen iphone and a want to update to 2.0. I have many turbosims that i bought to unlock 1.2 many months ago. Do you think this turbosims works fine unlocking an 2.0 updated 1st gen iphone?

@lmpu - if you don't change the modem firmware you should not worry

Updating the firmware won't do any good unless they make one working :-)

I've tried for some time all the adapters available and here are my conclusions:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...ml#post1722491

hello
    im on first gen iphone unlocked on tmobile livjng in the uk can anyone tell me if the tzones hack works in the uk
    cheers for ur info
    Karlos

Hey rud3boy No a restore will not mess the sim up

Henry You cant convert a 2G sim to a 3G sim, all you have to do is cut your sim put it in the phone with the sim and your unlocked its that simple

The only difficulty is working out the Edge Networking

Quote Originally Posted by lmpu View Post
    i have a 1st gen iphone and a want to update to 2.0. I have many turbosims that i bought to unlock 1.2 many months ago. Do you think this turbosims works fine unlocking an 2.0 updated 1st gen iphone?
    If you have a 1st Gen iPhone you dont need a turbo sim there is already a software unlock for it.
    Last edited by JK1234; 2008-08-05 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Who uses signatures these days???

Um i restored it twice it did not mess with anything at all,but still no edge icon or anything =/,so i am guessing turbo sim does not use software it was a bs thing the guy told me to try and get more money off me so i would not mess with it my self

Wish they would fix this! whats the point having a iphone with no internet lol

Thanks

tmobile usa user with a 19.99 data plan use the following:

internet3.voicestream.com
    (blank)
    (blank)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234