Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: got my IPHONE 3g unlocked!

Hi, I got my iphone unlocked with yessim, it work just fine but the edge doesn't work.

^^ see what i mean,i am guessing this is a yessim issue,you guys might want to try out turbo sim

ALSO I STILL CAN'T GET THE SIM OUT I PUSHED ALL THE WAY DOWN WITH PRESSURE NOTHING POPPING OUT!

Hey I saw a video of a guy that did a quick dissasemble and got his sim out like nothing. check that out on youtube real quick.

also to Andrew.Julian :

I am waiting for some firmware from chris at Yessim and I will be updating the sims. I will then let you know if the edge settings and edge will work.

check here we are addressing the issue: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...166#post329166
    Last edited by JK1234; 2008-08-01 at 09:00 AM. Reason: asdfasdf
    Who uses signatures these days???

yea bro i don't feel comfy opening my iphone up like that,but the guy who did my turbo sim said it is easy to come out maybe since 2 sims cards are in there they got a special tool to pop it out better,so when a real unlock comes out i will go there and let them take it out and so fourth

Its really not too difficult. Less difficult then the first iPhone thats for sure. I dont think the real unlock is coming out anytime soon though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JK1234 View Post
    Its really not too difficult. Less difficult then the first iPhone thats for sure. I dont think the real unlock is coming out anytime soon though.
    I sure hope it is. If not I will resort to a simunlock in the next few days. Dont know which to go with though. Seems that TurboSim works. Is that the cheaper one or is Yessim the cheaper one? I know one is like 100 bucks and another is like 20...

Quote Originally Posted by JK1234 View Post
    Hey I saw a video of a guy that did a quick dissasemble and got his sim out like nothing. check that out on youtube real quick.

also to Andrew.Julian :

I am waiting for some firmware from chris at Yessim and I will be updating the sims. I will then let you know if the edge settings and edge will work.

check here we are addressing the issue: [YESSIM][FURIOUSIM] [3G] Support and Bug repport on Iphone 3G - Hackint0sh
    haha they locked the forum from hackint0sh.org, thanks anyways, the yessim works really smooth, no problems what so ever, its just about the edge but hopefully the update will fix it. The only question is how am i going to update the sim, i did it myself but my friends friend was the one that sold me the sim and borrowed me the tools. im screwed.

To update the sim you need a usb type yesup and your yessim thats all. Just hit update in the top right of the software and upload the new firm for the yessim

Thanks

how much is yessim ?

Ok so i am in boston this week end,i am with tmobile using the tzone hack,since i came up to boston mass i lost the edge signal but the phone works......

but when i was in ny i had no issues..whats up with that?

ok, just a little update. I have been using yessim nearly a week but yesterday night i got the NO SERVICE thing and i thought it was because i didn't have reception but today when i woke up and walked around the house and it still showed the NO SERVICE, i started to worry and i have restarted the phone, went in airplane mode, 3g on and off and nothing. any help here.

try re sitting the yessim card,might have shifted i had a issue like this on my tubro sim and had to re seat it,i shaved down my tmobile sim so it sat better also

i did try that no luck.

nvm. i fixed it, i removed the yessim and put the original sim in my old phone and then put it back into my iphone and it worked for some weird reason.

update: but i still dont have edge. has any body updated to the 2.4 firmware with yessim? it is supposed to fix the edge issue
    Last edited by andrew.julian; 2008-08-02 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey about the Yessim Issue regarding no service I have seen this in Three Phones already So I will Talk to Chris and See what can be done. I do Strongly suggest that you upgrade the yessim firmware to 2.5 It may fix the Edge Issue

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JK1234 For This Useful Post:

andrew.julian (2008-08-03)

thanks for ur help jk1234 do u work for yessim?

now i am having the same issue my edge logo disappeared since friday and now i can not use edge no matter what.....it was working fine up until friday!

my yessim doesn't work again. This is starting to get annoying. I have done it like 5 times already in two days, i have to swap the sim to my old phone and back to the iphone to get it to work. I think im going back to my old phone and wait for the software unlock. I might messed up my sim tray if i keep on doing that.

Yes it is EASY to mess up the sim tray be Gentle with it or it WILL break.

And about the edge issue I have to wait until monday until I can let you guys know anything -tomorrow

Also Andrew: I do not work for yessim, I am a beta tester for the firmwares that come out on the sim.

Thank you guys for the feedback though it is helping sort out the issues

hey i got a ?? i think i have to restore to get my edge working again,but will it mess with the turbo sim?cause i did not do it and i don't want to f it up??

after reading a thread, i got a bit confused
    how many steps are there in unlocking the 3g iphone?
    at first i thought it was just 1step is purchase the yessim and put it in the iphone and thats it.
    but after reading a thread
    would i need to unlock the 3g iphone first
    then use the yessim to convert the 2g sim to a 3g sim?
    so there is a sim unlock?
    and a phone unlock?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast