Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgraded to 1.1.3 by mistake

Default upgraded to 1.1.3 by mistake
    hi guys, a friend of mine was using a 112 iphone OTB with a nextSim. and it was working fine. but then he went and upgraded it to 113. is restoring this to the prev version going to get it back to working order? (ie. restore to 111 jailbreak, install oktoprep, then upgrade to 112, then run jailbreak for 112?)

Or will the nextsim wont work because (im assuming), the modem firmware has been upgraded too?

thanks for your help.

Default similar problem?
    Hi. i had my iPhone working properly and updated by error to 1.1.3. it was completely inactive. after serveral trials, i have the system working again, but not recognizing the SIM so i can't use the phone. the actual version is 1.0.2 and modem 04_02_13G. an suggestions? impossible to install the apps installer anyway. thanks

Hi. i had my iPhone working properly and updated by error to 1.1.3. it was completely inactive. after serveral trials, i have the system working again, but not recognizing the SIM so i can't use the phone. the actual version is 1.0.2 and modem 04_02_13G. an suggestions? impossible to install the apps installer anyway. thanks
    Last edited by myrmyr; 2008-01-21 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If you have a 1.1.2 OTB 4.6bl iPhone and you upgraded to 1.1.3. You are currently... ******.
    Devteam will not release a jailbreak, so you cannot jailbreak the 1.1.3. And if there is no jailbreak, there is no possible way to use Nextsim, Hypercard, Turbosim, ect.
    So all you can do, is maybe downgrade it to 1.1.1 and use it as a ipod.
    Tell your friend to be more careful and never do any updates especially when he doesnt know what hes doing.

Quote Originally Posted by myrmyr View Post
    Dont post your questions in other peoples threads. Not a good way to start off your first post.
    Like I said above, if you started with a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone with 4.6bl, and you upgrade to 1.1.3 nothing you can do for now.
    If you started with 1.1.1 or older iPhone, you can downgrade the baseband.
    Add i.unlock.no repo source to your installer sources, then go to the Unlocking Tools folder and download/run the BaseBand Downgrader. Make sure Autolock is on never, and once its done, restore your phone to 1.1.1 again.
    Last edited by annual; 2008-01-22 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default How can i downgrade the baseband to original 1.1.1 if upgraded to 1.1.3 by mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by annual View Post
    If you have a 1.1.2 OTB 4.6bl iPhone and you upgraded to 1.1.3. You are currently... ******.
    Devteam will not release a jailbreak, so you cannot jailbreak the 1.1.3. And if there is no jailbreak, there is no possible way to use Nextsim, Hypercard, Turbosim, ect.
    So all you can do, is maybe downgrade it to 1.1.1 and use it as a ipod.
    Tell your friend to be more careful and never do any updates especially when he doesnt know what hes doing.

Dont post your questions in other peoples threads. Not a good way to start off your first post.
    Like I said above, if you started with a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone with 4.6bl, and you upgrade to 1.1.3 nothing you can do for now.
    If you started with 1.1.1 or older iPhone, you can downgrade the baseband.
    Add i.unlock.no repo source to your installer sources, then go to the Unlocking Tools folder and download/run the BaseBand Downgrader. Make sure Autolock is on never, and once its done, restore your phone to 1.1.1 again.
    thanks, friend
    but how can I downgrade the baseband to the original 1.1.1 if i did by mistake upfating to 1.1.3. please explain in details. i downgraded the firmware back to 1.1.1 but the baseband still 4.3.13 G. please tell me what can i do?
    have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by tornado2004 View Post
    thanks, friend
    but how can I downgrade the baseband to the original 1.1.1 if i did by mistake upfating to 1.1.3. please explain in details. i downgraded the firmware back to 1.1.1 but the baseband still 4.3.13 G. please tell me what can i do?
    Cry! or check out the guides for downgrading your bootloader.