Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone in random store takes my imei and say they unlocked it for 800 plus the iphone

Default iphone in random store takes my imei and say they unlocked it for 800 plus the iphone
    hi everyone...my fren went to the states and bought an unlocked iphone in a random store for 850USD and the seller copy down the imei and ask my fren to charge the phone for 16 hours then activate through itunes and it would be unlocked so that he can use on any gsm card around the world??have any one heard of this method before?as far as i know there is no such method to unlocked or activate iphone..can anyone provide me some information here?there use to be a method to unlock the iphone online i think its simfree or something?need to provide them with the imei online..?thanks for your advice

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I suppose he could have gotten a european unlocked phone (although 850 bucks is what the retail price of the phone is in europe, or very close anyway). The US has no official unlock like this. Can you elaborate on "some random store"? I mean I can walk into "some random Apple store" and I am sure that all they will give me is an ATT locked phone...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Hmmm...doesnt sound good...
    iPhone 8GB
    Great Music player but can only hold 1000 songs
    Need an iPhone that can hold my >100,000 songs
    I'm still dreaming.

well.....doenst sounds good thats right....he just found out he got cheated and the seller doesnt want to refund the money.he says its store policy.he bought it in washington can anyone give advice on how to file a complaint or report it to consumer affair department?any advice?
    its just too rediculas...i cant believe a shop would do that to customer...i will post up the shops name and address once i know...thanks for ur help guys!!

Banned
    Thanks

isnt that how they factory unlock phones in europe??

how threy do the unlocking in uk? i am sorry if i misunderstand the guy..