Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 OTB SW unlock may NEVER come...

Default 1.1.2 OTB SW unlock may NEVER come...
    u can read here:

http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/2008/...re-unlock.html

seems like geohot doesnt think its very easy to achieve a SW unlock as soon as everybody thought...

thats bad news for everybody...

Depends who you ask. It seems that there is a war going on btwn SW & HW hackers. Too bad 4 the community. Check>>>> http://zibree.blogspot.com. SW and HW hackers, please work together!

its all kind of a mess out there, an official post by dev team could be good for everyone here

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

even if a soft unlock never comes, people know already not to upgrade yet, and everyone already spent atleast 400 or so on the phone, might as well be willing to spend an xtra hundred or less on a sim solution so you can use it.

im trusting Geohot on this,

and this makes me feel soo much better about buying a *Sim..

whadyaya know, its apple..i kinda figured this kinda thing would happen

DAMN!! i dont know what to do know!!!!!!!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

game ova' people. face it.

Apple won...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know enough about coding to say yay or nay. What do I think? Hardware unlock was deemed most likely impossible for the 1.1.2 OTB, not by people like me (again I remind you that I don't code), but by people who know what they are actually doing.

My educated guess: I have never seen anything that couldn't be hacked if the community (or I guess even just one person) cared enough. There will be a soft unlock of the OTB 1.1.2 even if we see firmwares in the 2.0's by the time it is done.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

law111 (2008-01-20)

Here's a quote from Hackintosh board that made me laugh. From what I'm gathering is that the Dev community is keeping things from each other and $$ is what its about. Can't really blame them if they want to make a bit of profit...

here it is...

Sad thou, if its wanting to make a profit that is hindering a s/w unlock to the masses. Oh, and Apple didn't win, capitalism just overcame.... Mine as well throw out your Che Guevara t-shirts and Anarchy stickers.

"The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

-- Gordon Gekko "Wall Street"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to straightryder For This Useful Post:

emmjay (2008-01-20)

Thanks

It is possible, if one man made it another man can hack it, i wish i had the skill to work on it, its out of my range but i'll give moral support

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

law111 (2008-01-20)

I am a cheerleader,

H/W lock is there . that makes unlock possible, so Definitely S/W unlock will be worked out. You cant code, i cant code too, but just having the flags of dev team and all the hackers in my hand and dancin n shouting my way out ...

GO HACKERS
    GO HACKERS

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emmjay For This Useful Post:

law111 (2008-01-20)

THIS is just his thought look at zibris post he says its almost done and guys zibri was the guy who made any sim 1.1.x. SO S/W unlock always possibel.

As somebody already posted, if a man made it, another man can break it. It will be a matter of time before we see a software unlock method. We need to show support and not demand anything from them. Go TEAM GO!

yeah.

glad to see you all are that optimistic about it!

dont you feel like you want to open your phone and try the HW unlock?

can we have anyone from dev teamz or any other who might be working on 1.1.2 OTB software unlock to confirm if they are working on it or not and if we will have the software unlock soon ????

Yea, we need words from the DEv Team, on their status. I'm so tired of hearing from other people on whats going on with the project which is fine but normally I wont believe them 100% unless its coming directly from Dev Team. SO please Whats ur status DEV TEAM???????

Thanks

It is coming soon and is being worked on, there are some roadblocks that still need to be figured out but it is being worked on. You guys gotta stop losing faith, it ain't easy

Loosing faith IN YOU GUYS ?? O come on .

I spent so much on Iphone after joining this forum and learned alot. You guys can never let anyone down. I TRUST DEV team and other who invents or help. ALL PRAYERS WITH THE HACKERS... They are teh MEN...

cheers

its not happening. No S/w unlock. The game is over. Apple won.

Teams given up. Site is down. No one even talks about a s/w unlock anymore.

Get a sim. move on like i did. The Devs did they're best. Glory days over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast