Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Turbosim, please help!

Default Turbosim, please help!
    Ive just got a turbosim today off ebay today. Me being impatient just went and bought it without thinking.

I thought i could just stick it in and hey presto! But after reading about a bit after it didnt work this morning i think im right in saying turbosims have to be programmed and stealthsims are preprogrammed??

Also after reading the auction carefully it said that the turbosim i have bought only works in US 1.1.2. So seeing as im in the UK i guess i have no hope?

Im just hoping someone can make things a little clearer for me as im a bit confused as to what i actually spent 45 quid on at the moment!

Thanks

Anyone at all???
    Last edited by benji87; 2008-01-19 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

First off, most the turbosims on EBAY are not turbosims. Turbosims are made by bladdox. The cards on ebay are hypercard clones. They require no programming, and yes, they all work in UK. You can paste a link to your auction here and I can inspect which you got.

That being said, you need to jailbreak and activate your phone for it to work. You cannot just pop it in. The sim card will bypass the sim unlock, but the phone still requires activation to work.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Here is the auction: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...0928%26fvi%3D1

Yes my phone is a otb 1.1.2 activated and jailbroken. Ive been using it on o2 pay&go for ages.

Thanks

Ive just tried restoring everything by jailbreaking and activating all again.. still doesnt work! Someone please put me out my misery!

Ok i just tried my turbosim in a moto razr locked to o2 this morning and it worked fine first time! Someone please tell me why my iphone doesnt like it! please!!!!
    Last edited by benji87; 2008-01-20 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It's not a turbosim most likely a Iturbosim Turbosims are from bladox and have to be programed .From what i know you must install I world and select what county you are in it should work from there .

Well ok non-official turbosim, does it really matter it does the same thing! Ive installed iworld but either im blind or it doesnt have the UK on it? It seems to have every country but!?

Well ok non-official turbosim, does it really matter it does the same thing! Ive installed iworld but either im blind or it doesnt have the UK on it?
    1) it makes a BIG difference, some sim solutions are pre-programmed, but NOT programmable, and are preset for example to work with AT&T locked phones - a real TurboSim can be set to what ever operater the phone was locked to, these other unofficial sims - most cannot do this!

The auction you linked is not a real turbosim, its a clone & therefore may very well be preset and you cannot change it

2) The linked ebay listing clearly states "Please note this TURBOSIM unlocks the APPLE IPHONE USA VERSION 1.1.2 only."
    - which says to me its hard coded for at&t! i suggest you try and get a refund from the seller, because this is useless to you!

3) iWorld doesnt need the UK since the UK is a supported region and has a UK Locale already in the firmware. - if you are in the UK using a UK service, eg vodafone, t-mobile etc you DO NOT need iWorld

Im in the UK, i have a NY AT&T iPhone, running sweet as on an official turbosim

If you need pics of a real turbo sim so you know what to get, i have posted some Here
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-01-21 at 12:21 AM.

Thanks for all the info jtanner. But if you say this turbosim is hard programmed to only work with AT&T sims then how do you explain it working on a locked to o2 motorola razr???

That just doesnt make sense surely? Just so i know before i try and get my money back......

Are you 100% sure your razr is locked?? Remember, o2 DID NOT lock their phones, eg, ive bought razr's etc from o2 and they are already unlocked.

Test it with a vodafone or tmobile sim etc and let me know.

The listing does state its for US only so there's gotta be a clue in that
    ....on the flip side, because it states that, you may not be able to get a refund!! you'd have to get the seller on false advertising because it is not an official TurboSim - he doesnt mention anywhere it is a clone etc

Again tho, please check the razr again for me....ive had many phones from 02 shops in the uk, and none have ever been locked...altho perhaps that was because i was purchaing them on pay as you go (altho not shop price )

I did few UK phones with Stealth and had no problems. I would like to try Hyper but have none.

Yer your right. I just realised the razr i used it in is actually unlocked. So i guess all i can try is get my money back.

I know its totally my fault for not reading the auction properly but i feel its a little misleading for a uk seller to list an item on ebay uk that will only work in the US!

Yer some people have US iphones here but it is more than likely that they have a 1.1.1 otb as 1.1.2 was only otb after the UK launch.

Anyone have any ideas for a reason to get my money back?

Hi

Can anyone tell me where I can find SAFESIM. I came to know its cheaper than turbo sim and easier to unlock , just have to put it in and thats it .....

Hi

Can anyone tell me where I can find SAFESIM. I came to know its cheaper than turbo sim and easier to unlock , just have to put it in and thats it .....
    How about not jumping on other peoples threads!

Quote Originally Posted by benji87 View Post
    How about not jumping on other peoples threads!
    lol i was gonna say that too!

Quote Originally Posted by benji87
    Yer your right. I just realised the razr i used it in is actually unlocked. So i guess all i can try is get my money back.

I know its totally my fault for not reading the auction properly but i feel its a little misleading for a uk seller to list an item on ebay uk that will only work in the US!

Yer some people have US iphones here but it is more than likely that they have a 1.1.1 otb as 1.1.2 was only otb after the UK launch.

Anyone have any ideas for a reason to get my money back?
    Erm, you could try and get him under descriptions...eg he lists it as a TurboSim which is a registered name with Bladox.... the item you received clearly was NOT a TurboSim. Say you've been made aware that it isnt a real turbosim so would like your money back, or to be supplied with an official turbosim.

Granted he doesnt say its official, however he is using a trade / brand name so to speak so is a possible technicalaty lol ... worth a shot
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-01-21 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks for all your help jtanner. Ive sent the seller an email asking for a full refund so fingers crossed!

Thanks

You have nothing to loose if you don't get your money back just list on E bay.Some return on your investment is better then nothing .Funny thing i have a blabox sim which i didn't use and ended using the I turbosim all ready programed to US phones . The guy i bought the turbosim from assured me that it was easy to program. Well after a few times and bricking my phone once i gave up on it i asked him for a refund .I still have the sim so i guess you know the answer .I paid $150.00 for it that really hurt.I guess i will chalk it up to learning something new .

Threads not registered under your name nor you have baught it. Nothings wrong in help[ing anyone even if a stiny question asked in between to to divert.

Anyways apologize for inconvenience cause your highnesses

Quote Originally Posted by emmjay View Post
    Threads not registered under your name nor you have baught it. Nothings wrong in help[ing anyone even if a stiny question asked in between to to divert.

Anyways apologize for inconvenience cause your highnesses
    Do you actually understand the concept of a forum? Your post has no real relevance to topic & therefore you should have started a new thread.
    "not registered under your name" - erm, but he DID start the thread because he needed help with a subject. - likewise, if you needed help you should have started your own thread, not just hi-jack someone elses

=================================

Benji87: Goodluck, fingers crossed, and like gimpymoses said worst case scenario is to re-sell it on flea bay

TurboSims can be troublesome to program, you are much better off getting a pre-programmed turbosim

http://theiphoneman.co.uk/turbosim.html

That guy also sells on ebay - you stand a better chance of getting one cheaper if you look for one of his auctions! i got mine thru him, bought it, delivery was like 2 days and communication was excellent he helped me out with questions i had before i fully knew what the hell a turbosim was all about lol

TurboSims do appear to be expensive tho! think i paid 70? i cant remember the exact amount.