Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.1.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone 1.1.2
    I have an fully unlocked 1.1.2 iPhone. Am I correct in thinking the only way to use it as a phone is with a next sim, turbo sim, etc. card in conjunction with my Rogers SIM card?

that's right. i got mine from i3gsim.com. check out the site and as far as delivery, they have excellent service. i got mine in less three days.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
    I have an fully unlocked 1.1.2 iPhone. Am I correct in thinking the only way to use it as a phone is with a next sim, turbo sim, etc. card in conjunction with my Rogers SIM card?
    Well, if its fully unlocked, no, you don;t need any of those cards, just a sim card from your provider. I am guessing yours is 1.1.2 out of the box. in this case, yes you need one of those cards (however anySIM should be working any day now for this version of phone since the hardware unlock finally happened). Your terminology is probably wrong. Unless you harunlocked your OTB 1.1.2 it can;t be "fully unlocked" unleess of course its not, in fact, OTB 1.1.2 but an update from 1.1.1 or lower.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes, my wording might be incorrect. The phone is unlocked and jailbroken. I just want to know if the best solution for me is to get the i3gsim?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If it is UNLOCKED then you don't need another sim. Just pop the sim you have from your current carrier into the phone and you are set.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

golfpro (2008-01-19)