Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Unlocking with Software (Yes its Possible)

Default 3G Unlocking with Software (Yes its Possible)
    I was on craigslist yesterday and I was looking up iPhone 3G's in the Phoenix area and to my surprise there was an ad title unlocked iPhone 3g

I thought well this is ******** like the rest of the unlocked ads and I talked to the guy and he was from asu very upfront I told him I wanted to meet and see the phone for myself and he said ok.

It sure enough was some software unlocked 3g using a t-mobile sim.

I asked him if he will unlock my iPhone and He said he wont and that hes not releasing how he has done it.

I then went on craigslist again today and the guy posted an ad saying he will be providing unlocking services for the 3G

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/771444654.html

So I am going in about 20 minutes to meet the guy again because now he sais he is going to unlock it. I know its legitimate too because I saw his phone.

He also stated that he is going to do it infront of me and im going to bring a memory stick with me and see if he will sell me the software for like 50 bucks or something and show me how that works.

If he does I will Pass it on to you guys with instructions so check back here in about 2 hours or so. This is NO BS

Oh yea please dont call the guy and ask how he has done it because he may be skeptical on unlocking my phone. If I just get it done and its Legitimate you guys will be the first to know.
    Last edited by JK1234; 2008-07-28 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Who uses signatures these days???

Cool JK!
    Good luck!
    We will be awaiting your news.

Alexandre.

hell, if it works, I'll pay you for it..Good Luck and keep us posted

Thanks guys Im leaving right now remember to check back here in about 1-2 hours

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mee too I will pay for it also.

Ok I was all the way down there by Tempe Town Lake and the Dude calls me up and sais Im still in Ahwatukee I dont think I will be able to make it down tonight. WTF?? I dont know why the guy isnt releasing this when the devs will have it out in no time. I think this guy is a *****

Oh also he said he would call me if he can still make it tonight and I was like alright. So he may still pull through Im not sure I will let you guys know
    Last edited by JK1234; 2008-07-28 at 05:56 AM. Reason: added Somethin

Thanks

wow awesome. he could make so much money off that! but just search ebay. there are a few unlocked 3G's. try contacting one of those sellers.
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Yea its 11:41 Local Time here in AZ and the dude hasnt called me back. Go figure. Why would he even post an ad?? Retard

yo dude watch out bc here in my country there is some ppl selling the old iphones with the new backface and the patched 3g icon instead of the edge which u can find on installer and they obviously have it unlocked since its the first generation iphone and they charge u like it was a new 3g iphone

lol that is so ghetto LOL.....

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao....

Thanks

im in to see what happens here...

Thanks

unless they are smart people who developed their own unlock software, how do they know about unlock software that mmi doesnt?
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tyfly867 For This Useful Post:

slade (2008-07-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Nah this is a hoax, I highly doubt that someone has an unlock for this that we have not heard about (possible stolen code from the Dev Team)... who knows really. If this software is not available online... then I have a hard time believing it.

As for "watch out for 1st gen iphone with backing and icon like the 3G", this is also true, but they claim to "let" you try it out with your sim, so pop the sim in, and then go to settings, general, network and see if the turn 3G on / off is there. If it's not. Then you know
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Nah this is a hoax, I highly doubt that someone has an unlock for this that we have not heard about (possible stolen code from the Dev Team)... who knows really. If this software is not available online... then I have a hard time believing it.

As for "watch out for 1st gen iphone with backing and icon like the 3G", this is also true, but they claim to "let" you try it out with your sim, so pop the sim in, and then go to settings, general, network and see if the turn 3G on / off is there. If it's not. Then you know
    About that, With an Unlocked 3G on T-Mobile USA will you have the enable 3g go away and network settings available? I dont see otherwise how you could configure edge settings

Quote Originally Posted by mmlp86 View Post
    yo dude watch out bc here in my country there is some ppl selling the old iphones with the new backface and the patched 3g icon instead of the edge which u can find on installer and they obviously have it unlocked since its the first generation iphone and they charge u like it was a new 3g iphone
    How could they fit the New Backplate on the Old iPhone when the New iPhone is much Wider?

I have both iPhones, two 3G's and one 1St gen and the 3g is wider by about 4 millimeters thats quite a bit.

Oh yea Update on the guy, I called him and asked him what he was using, he said it was a modded version of pwnge 2.0 and he is waiting for his friend to give him the software. WTF??

I sware call this guy and ask him I think he's full of ****.

Oh yea Update on the guy, I called him and asked him what he was using, he said it was a modded version of pwnge 2.0 and he is waiting for his friend to give him the software. WTF??

I sware call this guy and ask him I think he's full of ****.
    Last edited by JK1234; 2008-07-29 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just talked to the guy, said he unlocks with turbosim!

Quote Originally Posted by Playa4Life352 View Post
    Just talked to the guy, said he unlocks with turbosim!
    hhaha told u he's full of ****

You guys sure he is full of bs?there is a store in manahttan nyc said they do it,and they use a dual sim card to unlock also...

yea I read about a store in NYC that sells those sims.

check it:

iPhone 3G Unlocking SIM - MoogleX

Thanks

yes sounds he is full of it. Scam scam scam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast