Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2nd gen 3g unloked overseas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 2nd gen 3g unloked overseas?
    I read in a thread somewhere that all 3g iphone's come unlocked OTB overseas beacuse it is illegal to sell locked GSM phone's. Does anyone know if this is true? I have friend in Europe & it would be great to have her buy one for me if it's unlocked OTB. Thanks ahead fo time.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

It is true! Locking phones to one particular network is against the law. You might want to google that information and find out. I was interested in buying one overseas and their was this guy in Italy selling them unlocked for 1500.00. Let's face it, I'm not about to shell out that much cash for an iPhone 3G.

If you have a friend over there, look into it..couldn't hurt.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Read from other post: Italy, Belgium, and Hong Kong sell Unlocked 3G iPhone OTB.

please help, i have a U.S. 2g and a 3g iphone unlkd and JB using T-mobile, can i use any italy network, cause im moving over there and i want to be prepared to know if i can use them (at least the 3G), and if i also can use their internet service too with no problem? please let me know witch network is best to use both voice and web, thank you.