Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DEV-Team is close!!!!!

Smile DEV-Team is close!!!!!
    I found this at iclarified.com

The iPhone Dev-Team has successfully downgraded the modem firmware on the new 3G iPhone in its first step towards hacking the 3G baseband.

This image is the “About” screen from a 3G iPhone that was bought in a store last week. As you can see the modem firmware version has been successfully downgraded to an older “beta” firmware. This is not an unlock (yet), but it is our illustration of the first progress made with regard to hacking the 3G baseband. We have accomplished this by being able to execute our own code on the baseband that allows us to circumvent security checks and flash the baseband with older, disallowed firmware. Please note this has been accomplished using software only, the iPhone 3G has not been disassembled or hardware modified in any way.

yea I read about this, more power to them apple just needs to realize that they cant lock a phone people have needs and at&t just doesnt cut it
    Who uses signatures these days???

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JK1234 View Post
    yea I read about this, more power to them apple just needs to realize that they cant lock a phone people have needs and at&t just doesnt cut it
    Whats wrong with AT&T? Besides being locked in a contract with another carrier or out in the boonies i dont see people's problem with at&t, they're a lot better than anyone ive dealt with
    iLive an iLife

so who is selling the unlock software that is being advertised on this site?
    Somehow I feel someone on that team is trying to cash in. I won't blame them though. no 3G for me. Till christmas when they will go for $99 bucks

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i dont think ill be upgrading for a while neither until all the good apps get ported to 2.0. You should see the crazy prices people are selling the 3gs for on the craigslist. I mean i understand people have to pay those cancellations fees and what not but $1200 for a 16gig? gimme a break.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+