Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [1.1.2 OTB] TurboSim Unlock without AT&T Simcard

Exclamation [1.1.2 OTB] TurboSim Unlock without AT&T Simcard
    STEP 3 - PREPARING and INSTALLING THE TURBOSIM

1. on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Auto Lock -> Never

2. connect your iPhone to your WLAN (write down the IP your iPhone will have in your WLAN!) IMPORTANT: Only proceed further on in a WLAN-environment that will insure that the phone will retrieve the SAME IP via DHCP AGAIN AFTER THE NEXT REBOOT! Otherwise you will get stuck at STEP 3/15, cause the IP might have changed, e.g. in huge WLANs. If you are unsure then do this: on your iphone, after it acquires its IP address through DHCP, change the mode from DHCP to Static before you go on with the tutorial.

3. on your iPhone, start the Installer and install the following: BSD Subsystem / CommunitySources / openSSH

4. download and unzip this to your PC:

http://rapid_share.com/files/7197445..._rev2.zip.html

(maybe in the domainname there is a _ which needs to be removed....)

5. download and open WinSCP (if you don´t have it already) here:

http://winscp.net/download/winscp405setup.exe

6. with WinSCP connect to your iPhone; Protocol: SFTP / Port:22 / Server: your iPhones´ IP (see above) / Username: root / Password: alpine

7. use WinSCP to copy the file "applesaft.trb" (from the folder turbosim_rev2) to the iPhone-folder /private/var/root

8. use WinSCP to copy all OTHER files (except "applesaft.trb") (from the folder turbosim_rev2) to the iPhone-folder /bin

9. mark the copied files in the folder /bin, right-click them, select "Properties" (or similar) and give them 0755-rights (owner: RWX / group: RX / others: RX)

10. close WinSCP, then download PuTTy here:

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/.../x86/putty.exe

11. cut out both SIMs, the original one supplied with the phone and your own, so they will fit perfectly into the TurboSim - do it carefully!

12. put the original SIM supplied with the iPhone (not your own!) onto the TurboSim and carefully insert it into your iPhone

13. start PuTTy and connect using your iPhone IP address as the host name.

14. PuTTy should ask for a username, so type "root", then it asks for the root-password, which is "alpine" - so type "alpine" and hit Enter

15. type "launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"

16. type "turbo-info" and hit Enter - some numbers should appear (also maybe some "error" blah blah), but in the end finally followed by an "OK. no errors"

17. type "turbo-app /private/var/root/applesaft.trb" ; after that an "OK" should appear!
    IF instead "BAD FILE" will be reported please try again but this time type "turbo-app -b57600 -v /private/var/root/applesaft.trb"
    IF that still wont work, meaning you get no "OK" in the end, please PM me! I am searching for a solution for this problem right now!

18. type "launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"

19. restart your iPhone (BUT only if that last commandline got NO bad response!)

20. on your iPhone go to Settings -> Phone -> SIM Applications -> Apple Saft -> Set -> Accept

21. remove TurboSim and original SIM from the iPhone (carefully!)

22. replace the original SIM with your own and put TurboSIM and your own SIM back into the iPhone (carefully!)

23. restart your iPhone

STEP 3 - DONE! Your iPhone should now be fully operational
    Step 12: put the original SIM supplied with the iPhone (not your own!) onto the TurboSim and carefully insert it into your iPhone.

I have here an iPhone bought on eBay without an AT&T SIM. Is it possible to unlock the iPhone with TurboSim without the AT&T SIM?

I would be really grateful if someone can help me.

Regards

so i can unlock my otb 1.2 iphone with this tut!

sry what do you mean?

Please I really need help...
    Last edited by mastaboy; 2008-01-18 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

He is trying to tell you this; DOES THIS ACTUALLY WORK AND WILL THE IPHONE BE UNLOCKED WITH THIS TUTORIAL.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Farm For This Useful Post:

mastaboy (2008-01-18)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastaboy View Post
    Step 12: put the original SIM supplied with the iPhone (not your own!) onto the TurboSim and carefully insert it into your iPhone.

I have here an iPhone bought on eBay without an AT&T SIM. Is it possible to unlock the iPhone with TurboSim without the AT&T SIM?

I would be really grateful if someone can help me.

Regards
    This will hardware unlock your phone via turbosim (you need the turbosim hardware to do this).

Oh, forgot to mention. You need an AT&T sim for this to work. I am sure you can buy one on eBay or ask for one at the ATT store. Just tell them you never activated the phone and you set the sim on your desk and lost it or something. they will probably make you buy it, but you can get one.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-18 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

mastaboy (2008-01-18)

This is a bypass so to speak, this is NOT an unlock solution in the true sense.

TurboSim tricks the phone into thinking your sim card is at&t.

And yes, you need the at&t sim card otherwise your stuffed. can you get one from somewhere?? Turbosim needs to set its chip to the same details as the at&t simcard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

mastaboy (2008-01-18)

first: thx a lot for your answers so far!

I have 2 iPhones here, one is mine and the other from a friend, which I want to unlock with the TurboSim. I have the AT&T SIM of my own iPhone, can I also use this one?

Thx again!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by mastaboy View Post
    first: thx a lot for your answers so far!

I have 2 iPhones here, one is mine and the other from a friend, which I want to unlock with the TurboSim. I have the AT&T SIM of my own iPhone, can I also use this one?

Thx again!

Regards
    Yes as far as i know. Basically, the TurboSim has to store the CCID of the sim card that the phone is locked to. Its nothing to do with the actual specific persons sim, or number or anything, just the network data stored on it

So yes, use that at&t card to set the turbo sim then off you go happy with ur own sim in the phone

You do have to cut the sim card tho - bare that in mind!

Use a very very sharp knife like an x-acto knife or some other "artists" knife. Aslong as the cut is smooth and think enough, you could put both pieces back into your friend sim tray and it will still work fine and wont move.

Make sure you use the template from the TurboSim pack