Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HElp, Iphone activation process with att sim

Default HElp, Iphone activation process with att sim
    I am thinking of getting an iphone and i was wondering if i could use it without signing up for the 2 year contract. i am with att and am going to stay with att but i switch between two phones, and am wondering if i can switch using my current sim card.

do i have to buy an unlocked iphone or can i get a normal one from the apple store and use it. if i buy an unlocked one, will it lock again if i put in my current sim card. and if i buy a locked one, if i put my current sim card in will it work or not..

please help me so i can decide on purchasing the iphone or not
    thank you

You can jailbreak a new 1.1.2 phone and use without the contract, however dont upgrade to 1.1.3 like I did as I now cant use my iphone as I don't want to do the 2 year contract either.

If you are going to do this I suggest you buy a iphone soon before 1.1.3 starts shipping on them (if it has not already)

k thanks.. that helped me a lot...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are currently an ATT customer you don;t need to do a new contract. Just point the phone to your old account. you won't need to jailbreak or anything. (I think they may require you to refresh your old contract, not sure about this).

i dont want to refresh my contract though.. so i need to get an unlocked one or jailbreak it. how hard it is it to jailbreak one..