Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with iphone

Default Help with iphone
    I bought an unlocked Iphone and cannot get some things to work.
    UNLOCKED VERSION 1.1.4

1. How do I remove the last owners details and insert my own?

2. Blue tooth doesn't work the 1st time I tried it it asked for password, so I put in the usual 0000 but the little circle just spins and nothing happens?

3. When I plug into my laptop it regognises it as an iphone and all I can do is copy pictures from the phone but cannot upload anything to the phone?

4. When I logged onto a wireless network with password it worked fine but then they changed the password and although it still regognises the network I cannot change the password?

cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESCOT View Post
    I bought an unlocked Iphone and cannot get some things to work.
    UNLOCKED VERSION 1.1.4

1. How do I remove the last owners details and insert my own?

2. Blue tooth doesn't work the 1st time I tried it it asked for password, so I put in the usual 0000 but the little circle just spins and nothing happens?

3. When I plug into my laptop it regognises it as an iphone and all I can do is copy pictures from the phone but cannot upload anything to the phone?

4. When I logged onto a wireless network with password it worked fine but then they changed the password and although it still regognises the network I cannot change the password?

cheers
    Mike
    1. Are you talking about the last owner's contact list, SMS, etc.? Click on the "Settings" key on the home screen, scroll down to "General", scroll down to "Reset", and click on "Erase all Content and Settings".

2. Check the settings of the bluetooth headset you are using. The default pass key may not be "0000", it may be "1234".

3. You probably just need to Sync your iPhone with your computer when updating your Library. Put all the songs and videos into your Library, then click on your little iPhone icon to your left. Click on Sync, and it should move all the files over. Just look at the top middle to see each song/video being moved over.

4. Go back to the Settings icon on the Home screen again. Click on WiFi. Don't know how to help you out on this one, but sure it is probably very much plug-n-play. Mess with the Settings>Wifi to figure it out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TORCH For This Useful Post:

MIKESCOT (2008-07-27)

ok, on 3) assuming you got a windows pc, install itunes, and then connect your iphone, ... the iphone only communicates with itunes, unlike other mp3 players where you see it as a "drive" ..., try that

on 4) ..., go into settings > wifi > select the network you want to change the password with... and select forget network..., then you can select it again, and it will request the password

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adajet51 For This Useful Post:

MIKESCOT (2008-07-27)

Thanks I will try these suggestions out.
    On point one when I go to general and then about it has the last owners name i.e. Paul Robbs iphone and his music, maybe when I mess with it through itunes I will get the changes done.
    On The blutooth question I was trying to get my daughter to send me a pic with bluetooth and she did pick up my signal then it just went when I put in password.

cheers
    Mike