Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: China3ggp sim help

Default China3ggp sim help
    I have a sim unlocker bought from Thailand late Dec which has writing on top of it China3ppg and thatīs all I know about it. My Iphone is UK week 43. I have downgraded to 1.1.1 and upgraded back to 1.1.2 using oktoprep but I am getting a message locked SIM.
    Anyone has any ideas what I should do or is anyone familiar about this kind of sim unlocker?Any help will be apprecitiated.
    Last edited by tonkos; 2008-01-16 at 11:41 PM.

have u installed iWorld form the installer and choose your country?..

cause u need to do that if your in a country that isnt supported, im in canada with a china3gpp sim , so i dident have to, since canada is already supported, but thailand isnt..

so try it and see!?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    as far as i know china 3ppg cards are next sim. and they only work with US iPhones. not uk/de/fr.
    1.1.2 + next sim --> 1.1.3 ZiPhoned--> 1.1.4 (Ziphone) --> 2.0.1 (winpwn)--> 2.1 (quickpwn)
    www.boioglu.ro/tag/iphone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    as far as i know china 3ppg cards are next sim. and they only work with US iPhones. not uk/de/fr.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkos View Post
    I have a sim unlocker bought from Thailand late Dec which has writing on top of it China3ppg and thatīs all I know about it. My Iphone is UK week 43. I have downgraded to 1.1.1 and upgraded back to 1.1.2 using oktoprep but I am getting a message locked SIM.
    Anyone has any ideas what I should do or is anyone familiar about this kind of sim unlocker?Any help will be apprecitiated.
    Last edited by boioglu; 2008-01-17 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1.1.2 + next sim --> 1.1.3 ZiPhoned--> 1.1.4 (Ziphone) --> 2.0.1 (winpwn)--> 2.1 (quickpwn)
    www.boioglu.ro/tag/iphone

locked sim is when u put ur sim PIN right? if the phone is locked then it should say not approve sim

Quote Originally Posted by tonkos View Post
    In my experience these China 3GPP cards do not work in UK iPhones. I purchased one from eBay which I received a refund because it did not work in my phone.

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22516

Yeah I believe itīs one the Next Sims at least it looks exactly similar what have found from Ebay of those.

I just bought from Thailand and I live in Norway but yes I have used Iworld but it doesnīt help. Also when I get sim locked I try to unlock it with my pin code and get the unapproved sim message.

Unfortunately it really starts to look like I have the wrong sim...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boioglu View Post
    I've got a 1.1.2OTB iPhone from the US. I've been eyeing up various *SIMs while waiting patiently for a software unlock ....... will the 3PPG cards allow me to use this phone on an Australian carrier?

There is two versions of china3gpp. One version supports only US iPhone and they other version support UK/DE/FR iPhone. You may have bought the US version which will only fake the US AT&T ICCD. You may buy the UK version at http://www.everysim.com.

By the way, you guys always talk about Next SIM. It is actually just a brand name of all the SIM unlock solution... Most of the "Next SIM" are either china3gpp or gevey. And for so called Next SIM 3, it is actually the latest china3gpp SIM which support other countries iPhones.
    Last edited by dotdd; 2008-01-17 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm in thailand too but my iPhone come from usa.
    I use china3ppg too.

First when I insert my sim with next sim its shown Locked sim and pop up to select ok or unlock I select unlock then its appear to enter my sim card pin when I enter pin my sim was unlock.

I have a OTB 1.1.2 with BL 4.6. I downgraded to 1.1.1 then jailbroke to 1.1.2 and now I have a anysim/china3gpp hardware hack which allows me to make calls.

Do you think it's safe to upgrade to 1.1.3 using the jailbreak or am I asking for trouble in doing so?

I'd hate to brick my iphone as I've already gone through hell to turn it into a native iphone....

Thanks in advance for your assistance.