Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major iPhone issues, HELP

Default Major iPhone issues, HELP
    Alrighty, so i've been trying for the longest time to get my iPhone to get unlocked and been through all the drama of that. I was restoring my custom 2.0 software on it on my xp computer then it wouldnt go any further than preparing iphone for restore. So I ctrl+dlt out of that. I plugged it back in to try it again, then thats where it wouldnt work. iTunes wouldnt detect my iphone. I kept restarting the pc and plugging it back in and out ect. Then it said on iTunes that it could not retrieve the proper information from the iphone to connect. So I went on my laptop with vista to try to restore it to the regular 2.0. I plugged it in and it said "The iPhone cannot be used with itunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the iphone. Check that the Sim card is inserted in your iPhone and that it's not pin-locked.
    Problem: iTunes won't let me connect the iPhone to it because it can't get the information to activate it. HELP!

Ok mines the same basicaly, I got this iPhone from a friend. The only problem was the phone froze up alot so I decided to re jailbreak it from scratch I put it on iTunes restore it to 2.0.1 and after unpluged it to make sure it worked fine it said slide to make emergency call and said connect to itunes for activation or something along that lines. Then I by accident put it into DFU mode and cannot get it out, when I connect it to the computer it says this message: The iPhone "iPhone" cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the Iphone. Any Ideas guys?

Quote Originally Posted by 40 View Post
    Ok mines the same basicaly, I got this iPhone from a friend. The only problem was the phone froze up alot so I decided to re jailbreak it from scratch I put it on iTunes restore it to 2.0.1 and after unpluged it to make sure it worked fine it said slide to make emergency call and said connect to itunes for activation or something along that lines. Then I by accident put it into DFU mode and cannot get it out, when I connect it to the computer it says this message: The iPhone "iPhone" cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the Iphone. Any Ideas guys?
    You have to use DFU mode to restore a phone using pwnage for the first time. Hold the home button and sleep while its plugged in and iTunes is open. Wait till it turns off then keep holding the home button but let go of the sleep key. Wait for a while then itll show up in iTunes, then restore with your custom IPSW and you should be set since pwnage auto activates your phone.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

Ok well mine was in DFU mode and the computer would not recognize it, to fix this problem i used this tool http://www.filedropper.com/dfu but now I tried to restore my phone to 2.0.1 with itunes using the shift left click restore and it came up with error 1011 after restoring the firmware.