Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK iPhone and NextSIM/TurboSIM - stuck!

Default UK iPhone and NextSIM/TurboSIM - stuck!
    I purchased a NextSIM from ebay (here is the product http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=011)

Quite familiar with the whole Jailbreak process and have managed to get a UK O2 PAYG sim card working fine. I have a UK 1.1.2 handset.

After receiving the NextSIM, followed all the instructions fine, inserted my Orange (also tried using a Virgin sim) sim. Asks me for the PIN number, which worked again. However, thereafter I get the following message:

‘incorrect SIM This iPhone must be used with an approved SIM’

Has anyone else experienced the same and is there a simple fix? I have not installed iWorld, as I have been told there is no need to do so.

They are both UK sim cards, in a UK iPhone. As mentioned, O2 sim card works fine without NextSIM, Orange and Virgin (T-Mobile) have the above message. Please help - thanks!

Quite familiar with the whole Jailbreak process and have managed to get a UK O2 PAYG sim card working fine. I have a UK 1.1.2 handset.

After receiving the NextSIM, followed all the instructions fine, inserted my Orange (also tried using a Virgin sim) sim. Asks me for the PIN number, which worked again. However, thereafter I get the following message:

‘incorrect SIM This iPhone must be used with an approved SIM’

Has anyone else experienced the same and is there a simple fix? I have not installed iWorld, as I have been told there is no need to do so.

They are both UK sim cards, in a UK iPhone. As mentioned, O2 sim card works fine without NextSIM, Orange and Virgin (T-Mobile) have the above message. Please help - thanks!
    Sounds like a problem of activation to me. You said you are familar with the jailbreak process. Thats great, but did you actually jailbreak the phone? You must both jailbreak and activate to get the sim to work. Try a restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak, oktoprep, then upgrade to 1.1.2, jailbreak with the nextsim card in the whole time.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Sounds like a problem of activation to me. You said you are familar with the jailbreak process. Thats great, but did you actually jailbreak the phone? You must both jailbreak and activate to get the sim to work. Try a restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak, oktoprep, then upgrade to 1.1.2, jailbreak with the nextsim card in the whole time.
    Is it important to jailbreak and activate with the NextSIM in the phone? What if it was done with the original O2 sim?

Thanks

never read the whole post...
    To live, you have to lie

I intend to use an Orange sim - I have already successful managed to get it work on O2without a NextSIM

Do you still need to add the Lockdown file?
    Last edited by dark man x; 2008-01-16 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I did read on a website that sells these SIMS that for non-USA SIMs it's necessary to insert it into a non-iPhone phone and run a small utility first. Then it goes back in the iPhone.

Sorry to be vague, but it may help you search for an answer. If I come across it again I'll post a link.

Tried the entire unlock/jailbreak process again, this time with the NextSim in the iPhone. No joy.

For what it is worth, the eBay seller calls it a NEXTSIM 5, with the name 'GEVEY' on them.