Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: REWARD: upgraded to 1.1.1 but cant unlock: no WiFi

Exclamation REWARD: upgraded to 1.1.1 but cant unlock: no WiFi
    Hey Everyone. I'm offering a reward for anyone who can get my phone unlocked

Heres some background,
    I dont think my phone is necessarily "bricked" but Im surely stuck here. I owned a 1.0.2 phone (03.14.08_G) and unlocked it months ago. Now, after visiting www.unlockthatiphone.com, I've attempted to at least get up to 1.1.1 by upgrading. I installed the firmware as suggested through itunes, and then dialed *#307# and got into the phones preferences as suggested by that website and others to unlock..Here's the problem: in my preferences it shows NO WI FI, and I a unable to toggle or change the Wi Fi setting. Without accessing wiFi I now I cant unlock.

Can anyone think of how to repair it or downgrade it without wiFi?

Let me know, I'd like to have my phone up and running again ASAP

Thanks,
    Rob

Just restore your phone back to 1.1.1 - you needed to revirginize your phone before upgrading to 1.1.1. That is where you went wrong. Just restore back to 1.1.1 by holding 'sHift + Restore' in iTunes. That should do it. Then just follow the steps by *#307# then going into your preferences and connecting to wifi. That should do it.

If that doesn't work you will have to restore your phone back to 1.0.2 and revirginize it. Just let me know how it goes. I'm here to help

restore 1.1.1,jailbreak, virginize, restore 1.1.1, jailbreak with *# etc.
    if this does not work try independence and restore to 1.0.2.