Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [read] Before You Update To 1.1.3!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default unlocked but still have active ATT account
    ok, i have a unlocked iphone for t-mobile use and i still have my att account. Now what if i decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 and it gave me the activate in itunes screen. Now would i be able to activate and just be stuck with att until another method is found or would it still be bricked?
    Thanks for your response.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrut24 View Post
    ok, i have a unlocked iphone for t-mobile use and i still have my att account. Now what if i decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 and it gave me the activate in itunes screen. Now would i be able to activate and just be stuck with att until another method is found or would it still be bricked?
    Thanks for your response.
    Your unlocked=Your bricked.

Green Apple
    Thanks

is it permanently unable to unlock 1.1.3 or just now?

How does the 1.1.3 update happen? Today I received a update Itunes to 7.6 alert. Is the new 1.1.3 update inside the Itunes 7.6?

If I update my Itunes to 7.6, will that update my Iphone to 1.1.3?

I am trying to avoid accidentally updating my iphone to 1.1.3.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the update is totally separate; you wil have the opportunity to upgrade to 1.1.3 or just stay with what you have but you can always update itunes without it messing with your phone.

iPhone ringtone maker sends files to ringtone folder but they don't work with 1.1.3

im new to this. how do i know if i have 1.1.3 or 1.1.2 i plug in my iphone and im asked to ativate it though itunes/att sorry if imi posting on the wrong forum
    please help

Ok, just to clear something up.
    A friend of mine with a 1.1.2 otb iphone and a NEXT SIM attachment followed the guide released last night to unlock his phone via a xp computer... everything worked fine... including his rogers sim card and making calls... although his google maps wouldn't locate him and his edge setting wouldn't set up. so he was going to downgrade again and retry but before thinking he hit restore and resotored the original 1.1.3 firmware and now keeps getting "inncorrect sim" when he tries to do the simple 1.1.1 jailbreakme.com

thanks for your helping

hope this reply helps, and/or can help me here is what i know:

I have an OTB 1.0.2 that was jailbroken and unlocked via:

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthre...=anysim+unlock

I don't know what this unlock method is called though.

I used http://forum.unlock.no/ re-virginezed, then upgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroke and unlocked.

Then used:

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/ipho...break-released

I currently have all functions that i can tell, i never use edge anyway so don't know about that.

I am wonder what state its in now, i mean i can not customize anything so far it seems, but everything syncs up to itunes fine, i have 7.6. I am curious what can be done as far as customizing my phone now, mainly just the carrier logo and ringtones.

Quote Originally Posted by brentk View Post
    hope this reply helps, and/or can help me here is what i know:

I have an OTB 1.0.2 that was jailbroken and unlocked via:

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthre...=anysim+unlock

I don't know what this unlock method is called though.

I used http://forum.unlock.no/ re-virginezed, then upgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroke and unlocked.

Then used:

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/ipho...break-released

I currently have all functions that i can tell, i never use edge anyway so don't know about that.

I am wonder what state its in now, i mean i can not customize anything so far it seems, but everything syncs up to itunes fine, i have 7.6. I am curious what can be done as far as customizing my phone now, mainly just the carrier logo and ringtones.
    That is exactly what I had done up until 1.1.1 unlocked.

Now I'm with 1.1.1 unlocked, the red link on ModMyI about "1.1.3 Unlock/Jailbreak Status" says the 1.1.3 stays unlocked when updated from 1.1.1 unlocked.

I'm about to do that, but I would like a confirmation that LocateMe in Google Maps works. Or if there's a patch to apply later on, or something.

the location doesn't seem to be working on mine, it is animated and spinning if that makes sense, and looks like it is loading but never does anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    So there isn't another 100 threads saying OMG I UPDATED AND IM BRICKED WHAT NOW? Okay heres the skinny.
    -If you update to 1.1.3 and try to downgrade, incorrect SIM will appear on every firmware, but no bad IMEI.
    -If you are just jailbroken, updating is fine, restore first for the paranoid.
    -SIM Proxy's (TurboSIM, StealthSIM, NextSIM, ect) are broken, yes that does mean YOUR SIM.
    -If you unlocked, you will be bricked, let me repeat.
    IF YOU ARE UNLOCKED DON'T UPDATE TO 1.1.3! - pf update: updating to 1.1.3 using the jailbreak method on Installer does NOT break the unlock - yes, if you are unlocked and jailbroken on 1.1.2, and you use the jailbreak 1.1.3 method in installer, you WILL have a 1.1.3 jailbroken and unlocked iPhone.
    -If you are OTB 1.1.2 don't update to 1.1.3, or you can start praying for 1.1.4.
    -Jailbreak is broken.
    -New baseband, no unlock for 1.1.3.
    -Oh iTunes 7.6 works fine, nothing different except the obvious inclusion of movie rentals and what not.
    1.1.3 DOES have a new bootloader DO NOT BUY OTB 1.1.3 IPHONES!
    So update if you meet this criteria.
    -Your iPhone is unmodded(What are you even doing on a iPhone modding site?)
    -You are just jailbroken.
    If you are unlocked or like 3rd party apps, don't update.

Downgrading is Possible to use as a iPod Touch, guide is here.

I feel like a complete retard right now but something here is throwing me off, you can all just laugh/flame me all you want but I just need to ask.

There are some rumors that if you have unlocked your iPhone with anysim or something similar this will brick your phone i really want to upgrade, but I just want to be absolutely sure I do this right.

Is this true? Is it safe for me to upgrade? If this rumor is true, what can i do so i can upgrade?

Again I'm sorry, you might find this stupid and I'm just an amateur in this whole unlocking thing...you know spending 400 bucks on a phone you might as well make sure you know what you are doing, and if i brick this....i wont have a phone at ALL.

Thanks in advanced

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterrage View Post
    I feel like a complete retard right now but something here is throwing me off, you can all just laugh/flame me all you want but I just need to ask.

There are some rumors that if you have unlocked your iPhone with anysim or something similar this will brick your phone i really want to upgrade, but I just want to be absolutely sure I do this right.

Is this true? Is it safe for me to upgrade? If this rumor is true, what can i do so i can upgrade?

Again I'm sorry, you might find this stupid and I'm just an amateur in this whole unlocking thing...you know spending 400 bucks on a phone you might as well make sure you know what you are doing, and if i brick this....i wont have a phone at ALL.

Thanks in advanced
    It says in big red up there if you are unlocked do not update.
    Yes you will be bricked.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

stuart hirst (2008-02-10)

AS SOON AS THERE IS A jailbreak and a sim unlock for 04.03.13_G (1.1.3) i will update!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Hi just want to make things clear in my head i have a uk 02 jailbroken 1.1.2 phone with the bootloader 4.6 does this mean i cant upgrade as i need the bootloadewr 3.9 ? cheers guys

I have an h/w unlocked 1.1.2, bootloader 3.9, 04.02.13_G... is it a way to upgrade de baseband without going through the nightmare of downgrading? (I plan to upgrade and use anySIM 1.3 that was just released for 1.1.3)... I'd bet there are a lot of people in my situation...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    AS SOON AS THERE IS A jailbreak and a sim unlock for 04.03.13_G (1.1.3) i will update!

And thats what you should do folks.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

stuart hirst (2008-02-10)

Hey i have updated my phone to 1.1.3 cuz i thaught its the coolest thing to do for an i phone. but now i really need to unlock it and get the cool stuff.

Please advice me to what to do. ASAP

and anyone who have this problem please tell me what to do.

thanks,

you need to download the beta Iphone ringtonemaker. It is available on their site. This fixed the issues for me.

Beau

Quote Originally Posted by machey View Post
    heres a question i upgraded to the new 1.1.3 nd everything is great but my rintones that i have put on there wont play (used iphone ringtone maker) but are still in the library... and one know whats up????
    response:
    you need to download the beta Iphone ringtonemaker. It is available on their site. This fixed the issues for me.

Beau
    Last edited by beauar; 2008-02-07 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast