Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i unlock an already activated iPhone that was 1.1.1 out of the box?

Default How do i unlock an already activated iPhone that was 1.1.1 out of the box?
    hey,

i have an iphone which i bought from a friend, he upgraded to 1.1.2 but the phone was originally 1.1.1, it's activated already and i can use everything (minus the phone and sms) perfectly without a sim. How do i go around jailbreaking and unlocking this? would i need to restore it? or can i just jail break it just the way it is? could someone please give me instructions?

Thank you!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

was it jailbroken on 1.1.1? i believe you can downgrade back to 1.1.1 and then jailbreak it and install oktoprep then upgrade again to 1.1.2 and then jailbreak it. then once jailbroken you can install anysim and then are free to use

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    was it jailbroken on 1.1.1? i believe you can downgrade back to 1.1.1 and then jailbreak it and install oktoprep then upgrade again to 1.1.2 and then jailbreak it. then once jailbroken you can install anysim and then are free to use
    Thanks!

it hasn't been jailbroken

so can i follow these downgrade instructions? http://iphone.unlock.no/

how do i install oktoprep?