Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocked by GEVEY Sim solution

Default unlocked by GEVEY Sim solution
    So I got an unlocked (with GEVEY SIM) iphone that is running 1.0.2 (installed by the guy who sold me the phone..he feels this is a stable firmware) although it is a week 45 phone.

..so it is not software unlocked..just unlocked with the SIM solution and working fine (on FIDO), but I want to update it to 1.1.2

Modem firmware is 4.02.13_g

I know I should install oktoprep.....but can I install it right into 1.0.2, then update to 1.1.2 (just using iTunes update button) and just run jailbreakme.jar?

Is that all there is to it or do I have to update to 1.1.1 because of this modem firmware?

Please help???

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

No. Oktoprep will only successfully install for 1.1.1
    There is no reason not to upgrade to 1.1.1 beforehand aside from a little extra work :/

thanks for the answer. It SEEMS to be installed...I installed it and didn't get an error..how do I know if it was successful or not?

There seems to be a lot more work involved in upgrading to 1.1.1 and jailbreaking if it is not necessary...
    Last edited by joolsca; 2008-01-15 at 07:21 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as I know it only works with 1.1.1 I say this because i tried 1.0.2 and then it said it was installed. I upgraded to 1.1.2 and it told me once I tried doing that jailbreak that oktoprep wasn't installed. You can try it, and if it doesnt work, just downgrade to 1.1.1 and start over!

You do not need to go to 1.1.1. Just install oktoprep in 1.0.2 then upgrade straight to 1.0.2.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.