Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So people charging to get 3g unlocked.

Question So people charging to get 3g unlocked.
    I bought my 3g today and many in nyc have said they can unlock/jail break and can even bring my sim to test out and pay them after it is done,if so how come no one here has done it yet?

i might take mines to get it done tomorrow.

We're not thieves and I'm not willing to fly down to test your SIM card. ;o
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Never said anyone was thieves,but anyway tons of people in nyc craigslist are willing to unlock for a fee at there store etc,legit or what?

I don't think there is an unlock for the 3G model yet? There's alot of scams going on, especially from sites from the UK saying that their product unlocks the iphone when al their really doing is selling freeware such as pwnage and iLiberty+.

I say if someone can unlock the 3G iphone for you...hell's yes. I live in Boston and I'll take a train to NYC and get it done.

They are a few on cg selling them unlocked and willing to let you try before you pay,sounds legit...

Default Unlocked iPhones
    iPhones from Italy, Belgium and Hong Kong are sold unlocked. In Australia unlocking is an option with a fee of AU$80-150. They could be selling those..? I know here in Japan people sell unlocked iphones from Hong Kong.
    Australian iphones get unlocked by apple via iTunes by restoring them to a custom firmware.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to auraclear For This Useful Post:

Ikemann888 (2008-07-28)

Cant you give us the firmware?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

i live down in miami florida and theres already people here charging $80 to unlock the 3g and say it takes less than an hour.....

i live down in miami florida and theres already people here charging $80 to unlock the 3g and say it takes less than an hour....

yep,one guy said he had the files to do mines 75 bucks,so thinking if i should or not

Look at this ad

347-684-0894 =TECH ZONE STORE= WE UNLOCK/JAILBREAK 2.0 IPHONE/ITOUCH

might go there and check it out

He said monday they will have more,he got a store btw,and also said he has a sample 3g to show me it is unlocked before doing mines,i guess i found a way to unlock mines
    Last edited by rud3bwoy; 2008-07-25 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    i live down in miami florida and theres already people here charging $80 to unlock the 3g and say it takes less than an hour....

yep,one guy said he had the files to do mines 75 bucks,so thinking if i should or not

Look at this ad

347-684-0894 =TECH ZONE STORE= WE UNLOCK/JAILBREAK 2.0 IPHONE/ITOUCH

might go there and check it out

He said monday they will have more,he got a store btw,and also said he has a sample 3g to show me it is unlocked before doing mines,i guess i found a way to unlock mines
    Those pics on the listing are fake. T-Mobile 3G doesnt work with the iPhone.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

I have seen them on youtube. I think they are actually downgrading firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by auraclear View Post
    iPhones from Italy, Belgium and Hong Kong are sold unlocked. In Australia unlocking is an option with a fee of AU$80-150. They could be selling those..? I know here in Japan people sell unlocked iphones from Hong Kong.
    Australian iphones get unlocked by apple via iTunes by restoring them to a custom firmware.
    Thanks for your info, how much they sell those Unlocked iPhone from Hong Kong in Japan?

For got about this thread,i got it unlocked at a store using turbo sim

@rud3bwoy
    is it still working? with 3G/EDGE and everything?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...ml#post1722491

ok to be honest it is working great but the edge magically wont work anymore =/,but i heard many are having probs with the edge as it is,i restored from itunes firmware then jail broke it to see if that would fix the issue but it did not still having the edge problem.....

maybe cause i ran my old settings back?or so?should i try to erase the entire iphone then try?