Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No SIM Lock 3G iPhone

Default No SIM Lock 3G iPhone
    I am no expert on unlocking the iPhone. However, I just wonder whether you expert can use the one I have in Hong Kong to unlock the 3G iPhone. The one we have here has no SIM lock. It can be used on any carrier out of the box.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm not understanding.... are you saying you have an unlock 3G iphone out of the box and want to know if we'd like to use it?

Yes, in a way. The one sold in Hong Kong has no SIM Lock. ( i.e ) it will work on SIM from any carriers here. I am just thinking if I know how to dump the firmware or the base-band code out to you guy. You guy might figure out how to unlocked it or use it for every iPhone sold.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The one question I have is if it is a TRUE sim unlock? Or Unlocked to the carriers in HK like what happened in Germany last year.

One more thing. I have a 1G iPhone unlocked on 2.0 as well. However, after I jail break and unlocked the 1G iPhone. It cannot goto App Store and sometime it has very funny action on wifi as well. That is why I brought the 3G since I know it has no SIM lock. Now I can use it on both HK based SIM card and China Mobile SIM as well. Although China has no 3G services yet, but the phone work prefect and the wifi work prefect as well. I just jail break the 3G and it has no issues at all.

Hong Kong 3G iPhone is sold by one carriers only and it carry a very deep services plan with it. You need to pay USD 680 for a 16G phone with a services plan of USD 892.3 for 24 months. In return, you has 2200 minutes talk time and unlimited data access per month

Hong Kong 3G iPhone is sold by one carriers only and it carry a very deep services plan with it. You need to pay USD 680 for a 16G phone with a services plan of USD 892.3 for 24 months. In return, you has 2200 minutes talk time and unlimited data access per month
    Last edited by cy.chan; 2008-07-24 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost