Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 OTB StealthSIM T-mobile EDGE not working

Default 1.1.2 OTB StealthSIM T-mobile EDGE not working
    I purchased a 1.1.2 OTB with new Bootloader. I downgraded to 1.1.1, and jailbreaked using Oktoprep method. I have everything working except the Internet Service purchased through T-mobile. When I enter the EDGE settings screen and input the server, the phone crashes back to the desktop, saving nothing. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought I saw some kind of Proxy settings script but was unsure if this was what I needed.

Also, YouTube gives an error when using the desktop icon.. is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam3Gap View Post
    I purchased a 1.1.2 OTB with new Bootloader. I downgraded to 1.1.1, and jailbreaked using Oktoprep method. I have everything working except the Internet Service purchased through T-mobile. When I enter the EDGE settings screen and input the server, the phone crashes back to the desktop, saving nothing. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought I saw some kind of Proxy settings script but was unsure if this was what I needed.

Also, YouTube gives an error when using the desktop icon.. is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.
    well first of all this has been answer trillions of time, but because we are all good guys here at MMI, i am glad to answer it again..

your edge doesnt work because it needs to authorize by t-mobile, so try upgrading to t-mobile t-zones (which is what i have) and then use the proxy hack which you can find in the t-mobile forums as a sticky..
    Like what I said? Hit the Thanks button!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bebex For This Useful Post:

Sam3Gap (2008-01-15)