Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no edge after 2.0 upgrade

Default no edge after 2.0 upgrade
    Upgraded to 2.0 with tmobile/tzone and now i have no edge( safari and youtube ). Both work on wifi, and worked prior to upgrade. Well, I know for sure safari worked on edge the morning prior to the upgrade.
    Is any one having the same issue? Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix?
    TIA

it seems a lot of people are losing edge abilities after the upgrade. i think its a current problem b/c more and more people are coming out and saying its messed up.

yeah im having the same problem, i have att and my edge and voicemail dont work at all i can only use safari on wifi. Anyone know whats going on.

well i tried this. Go to settings - General - Network - Data (Something like that) - Type into ANP and USERNAME the word "internet" (Maybe turn phone off and on and it should work!

I may be a bit wrong with the exact field names where you type it into but it's close!

Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by richardjones101 View Post
    well i tried this. Go to settings - General - Network - Data (Something like that) - Type into ANP and USERNAME the word "internet" (Maybe turn phone off and on and it should work!

I may be a bit wrong with the exact field names where you type it into but it's close!

Hope it helps
    there are no fields like that in 2.0

I upgraded to 2.0 with tmobile sim. goto "general", "network" , "cellular data network", under APN use "internet2.voicestream.com". leave username and password blank.

I turn the iphone off and on and it worked. do note i subscribed to the $19.99 a month data plan.

I'm having the same issue with Edge since upgrading to 2.0, but just tried what towerofpisa said. I will report back if it works.

did it work?? I'm having a similar problem. I had 2G 2.0 iphone i unlocked using the iclarified instructions & winpwn 2.0.0.3. I had active, enable baseband, neuter bootloader, unlock baseband, autodelete bootneuter app checked.

I tested it out my friends tmobile sim and he has Tzones on his account but neither safar, mail, youtube, weather work. the rest of the phone works. i can make calls and receive calls. wifi also works just fine as well.

anyone know what could be wrong???

i am having some what the same issue iphone 3g unlocked using turbo sim,was working fine then edge icon is gone now can't connect,tried to restore and all nothing is working!

i have the same problem to.. just now my wifi went away and just now i had a white E aka a E in a white box.