Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with iphone unlocking problems!

Exclamation Help with iphone unlocking problems!
    Okay, i have a first gen. iphone, it was unlocked and i was able to use it even with SIMS from other countries, but when the 2.0 software was launched i made the HUGE mistake of trying to upgrade my iphone, but i had a SIM from another country (Which is not supported by Apple) on when i did so.
    It downloaded the software and installed it, but when it was finished and iTunes restarted my iphone it came back with a message saying "The SIM card inserted in this Iphone does not appear to be supported" so it's stuck in the USB and iTunes logo and the slide button saying "slide for emergency"
    so i can't use it on iTunes or on it's own, i downloaded iLiberty, but when it starts "unlocking" it it just freezes and i have to close it, and when it doesn't freeze it just pops a message saying to disconnect and connect again which i've done like a million times without any result, i don't have a "supported" SIM right now, but i can't start my iphone or use any function, it's just stuck, can you help me please!??? how can i make it work again, i've heard i can downgrade the software but i dunno how, because i can't even use it at all! i hope someone can help me, i need some info i have on the phone and i can't access to it =/

Thank you!
    -Krister

If your on firmware 2.0..go to the home page of modmyi. There is pwnage 2.0 that jailbreaks and unlocks previous generation iphones that were upgraded to 2.0. There's also a guide that gives you step by step instructions on how to do this. Hope this helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brent91055 For This Useful Post:

kristreyes (2008-07-27)