Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: US iphone and O2 UK sim

Default US iphone and O2 UK sim
    hi there, im really sorry if this has already been posted but ive had a look around and found nothing conclusive and frankly im getting abit scared

ive just bought a US iphone thinking that everything would be ok coz it said they can use any GSM sim. now ive got my iphone and i put my O2 uk sim in and it wont work, also tried my GFs T mobile uk and that didnt work. ive just read that US iphones wont work because of IMEI numbers etc.

heres omse details about my iphone

US 8gb
    software 1.1.4(4A102)

can anyone please tell me if this duo can work?

ive tried using anysim 1.3 but it says it can unlock this phone

and its already unlock and jailbroken apparently

its a O2 pay monthly sim btw.

please someone give me some idea, so i can just sell this one if i need to and get another pls!

sorry again if its already been posted.

if it's unlocked then u shouldnt have any problem using your 02 sim in it, or any other sim.
    if it is not unlocked, and u r on 1.1.4, then just upgrade to 2.0 in itunes, then use pwn 2.0 to jailbreak and unlock. easy
    jailbroken & unlocked 1G iphone with the incredible Pwngtool 2.0

Thanks

Just restore it to 2.0, then activate it through itunes. It should be unlocked for any o2 sim. You won't have to unlock it on firmware 2.0, so just upgrade itunes to 7.7 then restore to 2.0
    To live, you have to lie

A US iPhone won't work on a UK O2 P&G SIM in my experience with regular 2.0 firmware. I tried it and failed; then used pwngtool to unlock it and the SIM works fine.

Thanks

Well, it worked on my contract sim, and according to the o2 website it should be the same for PAYG sims

I upgraded my US phone, and itunes activated it automatically
    To live, you have to lie

Didn't work for me; told me it wasn't a valid SIM and to contact my provider (this is a regular O2 P&G SIM brought in the last week - hoping it would work with no 'fiddling').