Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone unlocking adventure. Last hope

Default iPhone unlocking adventure. Last hope
    Hi guys.
    i'm writing here hoping you can help me, cause since now nobody could. I have a 1.1.1 iphone which i unlocked myself in octomber. A few days ago i uninstalled something from installer and when it rebooted, it wouldn't start. So, I upgraded to 1.1.2 and i started following the guide to unlock 1.1.2 understanding that when I upgraded to 1.1.2 the 3.9 bootloader did not upgrade to 4.6. So, i downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke it, and ran anysim 1.2.1u. I installed oktoprep and tried to jailbreak with 1.1.2 version. That did not work, because it said that i had to run oktoprep prior to the jailbreak, which i did. So, i asked around, nobody knew what to do, so i upgraded again to 1.1.2 in order to start again. only now when i try to run anysim in just copies the firmware, and after says that it cannot unlock the phone. Again nobody knew what to do, so I upgraded again to 1.1.2 in order to start again. Please can anybody tell me what i can do next, cause i realy am stuck and you're my last hope. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiD View Post
    Hi guys.
    i'm writing here hoping you can help me, cause since now nobody could. I have a 1.1.1 iphone which i unlocked myself in octomber. A few days ago i uninstalled something from installer and when it rebooted, it wouldn't start. So, I upgraded to 1.1.2 and i started following the guide to unlock 1.1.2 understanding that when I upgraded to 1.1.2 the 3.9 bootloader did not upgrade to 4.6. So, i downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke it, and ran anysim 1.2.1u. I installed oktoprep and tried to jailbreak with 1.1.2 version. That did not work, because it said that i had to run oktoprep prior to the jailbreak, which i did. So, i asked around, nobody knew what to do, so i upgraded again to 1.1.2 in order to start again. only now when i try to run anysim in just copies the firmware, and after says that it cannot unlock the phone. Again nobody knew what to do, so I upgraded again to 1.1.2 in order to start again. Please can anybody tell me what i can do next, cause i realy am stuck and you're my last hope. Thank you
    try revirginize your phone..... downgrade to 1.1.1 add i.unlock.no to installer source.... the have a virginizer.... let me kno if this help....

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiD View Post
    Hi guys.
    Hi

I originally had Version 1.1.1 on my iphone.
    I decided to upgrade to 1.1.2 which blocked my phone and i was unable use any sim on it. This is what i did an i hop it works for you.
    1. Downgrade your phone to 1.1.1
    2. Jailbreak it, I know you can do this, as i have seen in your log.
    3. Install ok to prep.
    4. update phone to 1.1.2.
    5. Jailbeak it. (at this point the phone should be working and should be able to take any sim card. if not then follow steps 6)
    6. Install appliction called anysim 1.1.2u.

this should unlock the phone.

Here is an important thing,
    I never had to run anysim, the only thing i did was just jailbreak and phone was unlocked and was working on any simcard.

The only explanation i got for simlock working is that my phone was already unlocked in previous firmware.

Just to let you know it might be my jailbreak software that may have done it for me, just to let you knnow i have performe this jail break on MAC, as windows xp/vista has given me enough trouble and was not successful. as you need java environment to rum jailbreak file.

If you need this file just email me on [email protected] and i will try and send it asap.

thanks
    Last edited by rohit_baba; 2008-01-12 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks a lot guys. Here is what i wanted to add, correct me if i'm wrong.
    1. I know that you don't have to virginize your phone unless your IMEI starts with 00 49.
    2. I unlocked my phone and it was working in 1.1.1. After i upgraded to 1.1.2. i downgraded jailbroke it and run anysim 1.2.1u which said my phone was unlocked successfully. Now what I don't know is whether the phone should have worked after anysim completed or after i upgraded again to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it. Because after i ran anysim in 1.1.1 i could not use my sim.
    3. Now, I am tempted to try your method rohit_baba (tnx again for your suggestion) but i'm running it in vista. So the last time i tried to jailbreak the phone under 1.1.2 it said that i did not run ok to prep which i did. Also i understood that I cannot run anysim 1.2.1u under 1.1.2 firmware.
    Currently my phone is sitting on my desk waiting for something to happen.
    Help him pls .
    4. Also, i noticed that after i jailbreak in 1.1.1 the ipod function does not respond. Is this normal?
    Last edited by AndreiD; 2008-01-13 at 02:47 AM.

So, I upgraded to 1.1.2 and i started following the guide to unlock 1.1.2 understanding that when I upgraded to 1.1.2 the 3.9 bootloader did not upgrade to 4.6. So, i downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke it, and ran anysim 1.2.1u. I installed oktoprep and tried to jailbreak with 1.1.2 version. That did not work, because it said that i had to run oktoprep prior to the jailbreak, which i did.
    Ok, everything seems basically OK up to this point. The error is almost always a PC side problem. All you had to do here was hassle with itunes until the phone was properly recognized then rerun windows.bat. The problem is that if the communication is lost on the phone, it will appear that it did not successfully set up the oktoprep disk character device. Rebooting the pc or killing all the itunes stuff and reloading it (including the services) usually solves it. I leave itunes up and running and expect to see my phone in itunes before running windows.bat.

So, i asked around, nobody knew what to do, so i upgraded again to 1.1.2 in order to start again. only now when i try to run anysim in just copies the firmware, and after says that it cannot unlock the phone.
    Now is where you are causing problems. You do *not* run anysim more than once. You ran it in 1.1.1 before you upgraded, you are done. Never run it again. Sure you can run it if you virginize the phone, but you did not do that. You can upgrade and downgrade all day now and you never need to rerun anysim. Doing this will only cause problems and perhaps damage the phone.

Also i understood that I cannot run anysim 1.2.1u under 1.1.2 firmware.
    This is generally true. But again, you don't need to run it again. Jailbreak + activate should be all you need to do.

So, what is the current state of the phone? That was not clear.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

AndreiD (2008-01-13)

Well, thanks a lot. You were all very helpful, consequently now I have an unlocked 1.1.2 iphone. Basicly, i ran jaibreak while in itunes, and had already unlocked the phone it saw my carrier. unfortunately, I did it before i received you advice, but i did exactly as you had written.
    Again thanks a lot to all of you, you really were helpful.
    AndreiD