Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: two quick questions problems with usb sync and 1.1.2

Default two quick questions problems with usb sync and 1.1.2
    Hi, I have a us unlocked 1.1.1. i've noticed that it takes a while for iTunes to connect to my iPhone. If i have photos i've taken with the camera it has to problems loading iPhoto and getting them off. If i want my phone to sync i have to unplug and plug it back in a couple times for it to work. I've read on hackintosh's forum that if you upgrade to 1.1.2 it solves this problem, but that brings me to my other questions. anyone else have this problem? and if i use the mac guide on this forum to upgrade to 1.1.2 how easy will it be? and what is the success rate?

I don't think upgrading will have any effect. I believe your issues are PC side not phone side. USB is often not powered well and can be very flaky on some systems. On Windows, iTunes is very buggy and you have to sometimes kill and restart the services to get sync working correctly. Do you have a new enough computer to have USB 2.0 not USB1.1?
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

no i got an old powerbook G4 with usb 1.1