Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! Cant unlock iPhone 2.0OS on 1st gen

Default HELP!!! Cant unlock iPhone 2.0OS on 1st gen
    So I loaded iTunes the other day and it notified me that there was a 2.0 update so like an idiot i updated. I had 1.1.4 unlocked and everything by ZiPhone before and it worked fine. I plugged back in my iPhone to try and unlock it with winpwn and it would load it into DFU mode and then it would say cannot find iPhone but iTunes could find it so I tried iLiberty and same thing then ZiPhoneand same thing I didnt know what too do so I tried to dpwngrade back to 1.1.4 and that didnt work after installing old itunes and pwning 1.1.4 with winpwn. Now theres a weird screen on my iPhone it has the usb cable with itunes logo but its the wrong end of the usb its the usb end that goes in you computer? Any way I can unlock 2.0 or differnt way too downgrade too 1.1.4 againj? PM me email me at [email protected] or leave a comment ive went 2 days so far without an iphone and gone through 2 packs of cigs trying to fix it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Try this.

Make sure to restore to a fresh 2.0 first. Good Luck.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pncntigger For This Useful Post:

BigPimpStallion (2008-07-23)

I cant use Pwnage 2.0.1 because I'm on windows can I use the winpwn 2.0?

ya i'm on windows to and i am having the same problem any more help out there?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Try this. Did a quick search and found it. I don't have a Windoze box here and haven't tried this yet.

Hope that helps
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

Quote Originally Posted by pncntigger View Post
    Try this. Did a quick search and found it. I don't have a Windoze box here and haven't tried this yet.

Hope that helps
    i have 2.0 firmware already installed and whenever I go to install the 2.0 pwned firmware I downloaded from the torrent it gives me error 6? Idk

i tried installing the 2.0 software but iTunes kept telling me to restore the iPhone. i did it three times and my phone still kept displaying the connect to iTunes logo with the USB. i went into control panel and accidently uninstalled the Iphone driver and now the Itunes can't recognize my iphone at all. my iphone is in restore condition and keeps restarting desplaying that itunes and usb logo. my computer can't re-install the driver again. is there any way i can undo everything? and my phone can start working again?

Quote Originally Posted by dansan8991 View Post
    i tried installing the 2.0 software but iTunes kept telling me to restore the iPhone. i did it three times and my phone still kept displaying the connect to iTunes logo with the USB. i went into control panel and accidently uninstalled the Iphone driver and now the Itunes can't recognize my iphone at all. my iphone is in restore condition and keeps restarting desplaying that itunes and usb logo. my computer can't re-install the driver again. is there any way i can undo everything? and my phone can start working again?
    yea I had the same problem when I tried too downgrade my itunes just re-install itunes 7.7 and apple mobile device will be installed.