Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stealth sim help (no sim card installed)!!!

Default Stealth sim help (no sim card installed)!!!
    i just got my stealthsim, cut my tmobile sim card and attached it to the stealthsim. when i turn on my phone, it pops up with "no sim card installed" and up in the top left corner were it should say my provider, it says "no sim" can somebody help me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JLEW700 For This Useful Post:

bebex (2008-01-15)

Hi, is ur phone jailbroken, then okprep back to v1.1.2?
    I'm guessing u have OTB v1.1.2. U need to downgrade to v1.1.1, jailbreak, oktoprep, update in itunes to v1.1.2, and u should be good.pop in the sim and it'll work. search for the guides if u don't know how to do all this.
    good luck.

i just got my stealthsim, cut my tmobile sim card and attached it to the stealthsim. when i turn on my phone, it pops up with "no sim card installed" and up in the top left corner were it should say my provider, it says "no sim" can somebody help me.
    Assuming that you have jailbreaked properly, just remove and insert the stealth sim several times and it should start working. It's a tight fit and I've had to do this also on hypercards.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

hi guys i just bought stealth sim. when i put it in it show that no sim card is detected. when i tried to took it out i think it got stuck because of the thickness of the sim card with the stealth sim. any idea how can i get it out and try to align my sim card again? thanks

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same issue however it worked for about 4 days before it randomly did this while I was browsing the net at work. I tried realigning, tape, glue, nothing fixed it. I finally said screw this and got a bladox sim card (got lucky and a co-worker sold me one for 80 instead of 150+ on eBay). Has worked like a charm. Also (logically) is the most future proof since it isn't pre-programmed. I will probably just softunlock when that becomes available for the 1.1.1 4.6 boot loader and only do updates when they are confirmed working. Usually updates are NOT good enough for me to willingly lose the ability to make calls at random because of a crappy mass-produced sim card clone.

Quote Originally Posted by JLEW700 View Post
    yeah did you jailbreak the 1.1.2 ?
    and if you did great!
    so what you need to do now if it you're still having problems is order a new sim card from t-mobile, since stealth sim only works with new the new sim card technology.. i had this same problem and i ordered a new one, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by shakalakaz View Post
    hi guys i just bought stealth sim. when i put it in it show that no sim card is detected. when i tried to took it out i think it got stuck because of the thickness of the sim card with the stealth sim. any idea how can i get it out and try to align my sim card again? thanks
    ok i got this idea from a random thought i suddenly had (i had this same problem too...)
    but what you need to do is get a push pin and cut off the pointy part with some pliers... the insert it in the sim tray hole all the way in, do not force it! next, you need to pull it out at an angle, as if you are trying to drag it with you.. this should work, but most of the time it doesnt on the frist try so be patient!! and dont panic..
    Like what I said? Hit the Thanks button!!!