Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMEI 0049, with wifi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default IMEI 0049, with wifi
    Hey all,

I was hoping someone could help me out, i have a OTB 1.1.1 with bad IMEI 00 499901 064000 0 and Modem Firmware of 04.01.13_G, i have everything else including wifi, when i put a non-at&t sim in it states "incorrect sim" i hope someone could help me find a solution to this problem which would be noob friendly as i am not experience with things like ibrikr and mobile terminal

Much Appreciated!

I was hoping someone could help me out, i have a OTB 1.1.1 with bad IMEI 00 499901 064000 0 and Modem Firmware of 04.01.13_G, i have everything else including wifi, when i put a non-at&t sim in it states "incorrect sim" i hope someone could help me find a solution to this problem which would be noob friendly as i am not experience with things like ibrikr and mobile terminal
    First test to see if you can fix it:
    1) Remove sim card
    2) reboot the phone by holding power, sliding to power off, and power on with the sim card still out
    3) Check your IMEI without a sim card. Is it still 0049? If so, you're probably screwed. You can still try the method I'll present, but I predict failure. People have argued against this point but no one has ever proven it wrong.

To fix:
    1) Install BSD subsystem.
    2) Install term vt100 or open ssh either one. I'll assume term vt100 for the rest of this
    3) Inside installer, go to sources, edit, add and add http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo
    4) Refresh sources
    5) Inside "unlock that iphone" category install 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 downgrader
    6) Exit installer and fire up term vt100
    7) type this:
    cd /usr/bin
    restorebb
    8) When the process is done, load installer
    9) Uninstall 1.1.1. to 1.0.2 downgrader
    10) Install "virginize scripts" from unlock that iphone category
    11) exit installer
    12) fire up term vt100 and type:
    cd /usr/bin
    virginize
    13) When this is done, you should now have a 1.1.1 with 3.14 baseband and a valid IMEI. Power cycle the phone again. Insert AT&T sim if it is not inserted already and power on phone. Check your IMEI. It should be valid no longer 0049.
    14) Now, restore to 1.1.1 in iTunes
    15) Jailbreakme.com
    16) If you are going to unlock use anysim 1.1
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Should i take this risk, i love my phone as it is like it can listen to music and can use safari and everything works except the phone function its like take the phone out of Iphone

try it . i fixed mine with this link http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461
    at Phase 3 take out the Simcard to run the virginizer_pack. BIGBOSS is right. If the IMEI shows the # is 0049000xxx even the Simcard is out that means iphone is dead by now. I had 1 with this 00490000xxx problem. I tried to fix any i could find on the web. No help

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ya iam guessing since you have Wi-Fi you are still good to go. Generally if you have no Wifi, bad Imei, and the imei doesnt change with sim in or out, then you really are screwed. I know cause I tried fixing one...
    But like they said, if the IMEI changes when you remove the sim card, then there may be hope.
    Last edited by annual; 2008-01-13 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you have the old 3.9 bootloader you can try to upgrade to 1.1.3. Then restore to 1.1.2 and then again to 1.1.1. Afterwards downgrade the baseband. It helped some people with the permanent 0049 problems.
    I have a with the dreadfull 0049 problem and i tried the above. I get my IMEI backbut as soon as i downgrade the baseband the IMEI goes back to 0049.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Noob!
    sorry, i am very nooby with downgrading it's really confusing i doubt i am able to do it, thanks for the information though!