Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An Update on the OTB 1.1.2 Unlock

Thanks

Default An Update on the OTB 1.1.2 Unlock
    An update from hackint0sh.

First off its being worked on by the Dev's second.

"As you all know the 1.1.3 Firmware has been leaked, it may not be a final version but never the least it has been leaked. After a discussion with a member of the iphone dev there is 1 good news but 2 bad news, Good news it does indeed have a Baseband/bootloader upgrade BUT the bad news apparrently apple have done a very good job with this update, it is encrypted with 1024bit key,which is not going to be very easy to crack could take a long while.Also even looking at it they dont even know if it will be possible to get the secpack from it, as i said Apple have done a very good job with this one. I will keep everyone updated on the Dev teams process during the week."

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it might not happen.
    Keep the faith though! Go Dev's!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

fury94 (2008-01-16), Ibrahim Saihati (2008-01-11), Polgas (2008-01-12)

As all ways just a question of time, tks for the info

So dumb, is it even worth having an iphone?

Yeah, guys forget a 1.1.2 software unlock its just not gonna happen this time around.
    1024-bit encryption is crazy, if you try and brute force that it will take 5 years to decrypt (crack).

So just go with a Xsim unlock. I guess you don't have much of a choice.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

i hope they unlock it some how.

WHY ARE PEOPLE QUICK TO SAY THEY DON'T LIKE THE IPHONE ...THEN WHY THE HELL YOU IN THIS FORUM OR ON THE SITE .... ANY WAY DOES Ssim WORK ...I DONT WANNA WASTE MONEY.

wow that sucks how long was the other code
    Last edited by starsplayer7; 2008-01-11 at 04:48 AM.

hey i read somewhere that you can use someones computer over the internet in order to break code. I was just thinking if we would give access to our computers to dev team. If everyone on this forum would give their computer code can be cracked in a week or so. What you think of it? Anyone into pc that much? Is that possible?

with nowadays distributed computing and high-speed internet lines
    it should be do-able i guess

If the devs think this is a good idea, I can provide the central server issuing jobs to all the clients?

Am thinking JMS in Java as an implementation issuing jobs on a queue? Any thoughts?

Devs pm me.

Andy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Yeah, guys forget a 1.1.2 software unlock its just not gonna happen this time around.
    1024-bit encryption is crazy, if you try and brute force that it will take 5 years to decrypt (crack).

So just go with a Xsim unlock. I guess you don't have much of a choice.
    Yeah thankfully they are not bruteforcing it, there is still a chance, but not a good one. Took a week for 1.1.1 and this has already passed it. We can only hope.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

yeahitzdat (2008-01-13)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've got an o2 OTB 1.1.2 phone, unlocked it for any o2 sim via method in http://www.iphoneunlockuk.com, which involved downloading to 1.1.1, jailbreaking, activation, then upgrading back to 1.1.2 etc.

I'm using an O2 SIM on a Simplicity tariff.

If I wanted the latest firmware upgrade, i.e 1.1.3, is it possible to virginise it back to "shop/out of box" condition, then activate it onto a new official iPhone O2 tariff, or has my unlocking/jailbreaking eliminated that possibility now.

Apologies if this is in the wrong post, but I'm new to all this, and all the hits on virginising appear to only relate to 1.1.1 and earlier.

I posted here, as my question is related to 1.1.3 when it comes out, I'm just wondering if I can restore the phone to factory default via iTunes, then activate it officially through iTunes on a new O2 tariff.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Yeah thankfully they are not bruteforcing it, there is still a chance, but not a good one. Took a week for 1.1.1 and this has already passed it. We can only hope.
    Yeah the weather doesn't look to bright for a software unlock soon. But it will still come out but just not soon. But Xsims will always be available unless Apple changes the sim design of ATT sim.

Well people you have been waiting for so long i am sure you can wait for couple more days for the dev team to do their job and not to BS around in the forum.

If there is someone who thinks they can do a better job why dont they try it on their on but blame the DEV team for doing their job.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rben View Post
    Well people you have been waiting for so long i am sure you can wait for couple more days for the dev team to do their job and not to BS around in the forum.

If there is someone who thinks they can do a better job why dont they try it on their on but blame the DEV team for doing their job.
    Not blaming them for anything, mearly giving people an update. I understand they have lives to and its not easy.

we all hope to get a solution asap since we all have the same problem. Its really hard to wait and all but we need to be patient and hope for the best and try to support the DEV team as much as we can

i was talking to one guy who is really into iphone stuff today, and he said that 1.1.3 should be out next week. Is that true? Also he said that non of the turbosim cards will be able to work with 1.1.3.
    Do ye think that this is BS?

Regards

Xsims wont work with 1.1.3 for only about a week. Once they program them for 1.1.3 they will work.

What do you say about this, some guy has it on graigslist.com
    UNLOCKING IPHONES AND I-TOUCH including VER 1.1.2 SIMPLY THE BEST

Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2008-01-10, 9:32AM EST

UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE AND USE ANY SIM(T-Mobile OR ANY OTHER GSM SIM) DONT BE LOCKED INTO AT&T...Jailbreak so you can USE 3rd PARTY SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS

UNLOCKING VERSION 1.1.2 NOW FOR $150.00
    IPOD TOUCH UNLOCKING $40.00
    I Unlock IPHONES for version 1.02 to 1.1.1 $40.00
    I unlock IPHONES THAT HAVE BEEN UPGRADED TO VERSION 1.1.2 but never unlocked for $50.00
    I REPAIR IPHONES THAT HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED AND UPGRADED TO VERSION 1.1.2 and dont work now for $65.00

I CAN ALSO OPEN THE PHONE FOR 3rd PARTY Applications for $15.00 extra

Call Buddy at 407-936-5335 for same day service

I may not be the cheapest,but you do get what you pay for...over 100 phones unlocked or repaired

Remember what your mother taught you,if sounds too good to be true then it probably is...($10.00 dont think so) BE CAREFUL WHO YOU HAVE WORK ON YOUR PHONE...ONE GUY WANTS TO MEET YOU ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO FIX YOUR PHONE...I THINK NOT..LOL ASK YOUR UNLOCKER IF HE HAS A FLORIDA BUSINESS LICENSE OR IF HE IS A FLY BY NIGHT....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
    What do you say about this, some guy has it on graigslist.com
    UNLOCKING IPHONES AND I-TOUCH including VER 1.1.2 SIMPLY THE BEST

Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2008-01-10, 9:32AM EST

UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE AND USE ANY SIM(T-Mobile OR ANY OTHER GSM SIM) DONT BE LOCKED INTO AT&T...Jailbreak so you can USE 3rd PARTY SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS

UNLOCKING VERSION 1.1.2 NOW FOR $150.00
    IPOD TOUCH UNLOCKING $40.00
    I Unlock IPHONES for version 1.02 to 1.1.1 $40.00
    I unlock IPHONES THAT HAVE BEEN UPGRADED TO VERSION 1.1.2 but never unlocked for $50.00
    I REPAIR IPHONES THAT HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED AND UPGRADED TO VERSION 1.1.2 and dont work now for $65.00

I CAN ALSO OPEN THE PHONE FOR 3rd PARTY Applications for $15.00 extra

Call Buddy at 407-936-5335 for same day service

I may not be the cheapest,but you do get what you pay for...over 100 phones unlocked or repaired

Remember what your mother taught you,if sounds too good to be true then it probably is...($10.00 dont think so) BE CAREFUL WHO YOU HAVE WORK ON YOUR PHONE...ONE GUY WANTS TO MEET YOU ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO FIX YOUR PHONE...I THINK NOT..LOL ASK YOUR UNLOCKER IF HE HAS A FLORIDA BUSINESS LICENSE OR IF HE IS A FLY BY NIGHT....
    What? iPod Touch Unlocking? So crazy...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast