Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An Update on the OTB 1.1.2 Unlock

Yeah its good.^^
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Not blaming them for anything, mearly giving people an update. I understand they have lives to and its not easy.

yep thats how the cookie crumbles im even started to doubt after having this phone since dec 1st but with 1.1.3 i hope the dev team comes up with something were rooting for ya guys

There working on it.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    There working on it.
    They're still working on it from long time ago not until this date...

WHEN should we expect the unlock.. I have 3 OTB 1.1.2 at my home

Me 9 and other 15 incoming, relax there is nothing worst than work with a constant yelling of, Any news? Any News?
    Lord Vecna

17 1.1.1 IPhone Unlocked & upgraded
    14 1.1.2 OOB Jailbreaked
    25 1.1.2 OOB Jailbreaked H/W Unlocked

Ipse Dixit:

"Dear Lord, give me the ability to punch via TCP/IP"

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget171175 View Post
    I've got an o2 OTB 1.1.2 phone, unlocked it for any o2 sim via method in http://www.iphoneunlockuk.com, which involved downloading to 1.1.1, jailbreaking, activation, then upgrading back to 1.1.2 etc.

I'm using an O2 SIM on a Simplicity tariff.

If I wanted the latest firmware upgrade, i.e 1.1.3, is it possible to virginise it back to "shop/out of box" condition, then activate it onto a new official iPhone O2 tariff, or has my unlocking/jailbreaking eliminated that possibility now.

Apologies if this is in the wrong post, but I'm new to all this, and all the hits on virginising appear to only relate to 1.1.1 and earlier.

I posted here, as my question is related to 1.1.3 when it comes out, I'm just wondering if I can restore the phone to factory default via iTunes, then activate it officially through iTunes on a new O2 tariff.

Thanks in advance
    yes, you can do this if you virginize it first.

Why is this thread so off topic? most of these posts have NOTHING at all to do with 1.1.3 unlock updates. if you want to argue over whether or not you think the unlock will happen, this is fine. Why not do it in a "The 1.1.3+ iphone sof unlock will never happen" forum!?!?!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-16 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by lordvecna View Post
    Me 9 and other 15 incoming, relax there is nothing worst than work with a constant yelling of, Any news? Any News?
    Totally agree with you. I have a few also and still waiting, don't get nervious and wait for the BESTS (the Dev Team)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    yes, you can do this if you virginize it first.

Why is this thread so off topic? most of these posts have NOTHING at all to do with 1.1.3 unlock updates. if you want to argue over whether or not you think the unlock will happen, this is fine. Why not do it in a "The 1.1.3+ iphone sof unlock will never happen" forum!?!?!
    Was this comment aimed at me personally?
    Why is my post "off topic"? The thread is "An Update on the OTB 1.1.2 Unlock" and this is the only thread I found related to "OTB 1.1.2".
    I have a OTB 1.1.2 which I've apparently unlocked to be used with any O2 SIM, and have questions related to it.

I just wanted to know if I could virginise an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone, that was activated/jailbroken for use with an alternative O2 SIM as opposed to the iPhone official tariff, and if so, how?

Whether I could simply restore in iTunes to get back to activation screens, or if this was too risky for an OTB 1.1.2 jailbroken/O2 unlocked phone or whether there was another safer method.

It seems I could just update to 1.1.3 via iTunes and go through official Activation process that way, is that possible/risky?
    Would my current O2 SIM still work (non iPhone tariff)?

I understood this forum is to help members of the community that lack knowledge/technical know how, and I posted to try obtain some help.
    If the replies to me as a new member are going to be wrist slapping comments for my lack of understanding, surely this defeats the purpose.

There must be other OTB 1.1.2 owners out there with similar queries, I'll start a new thread if you think this is not related to this one.
    Last edited by InspectorGadget171175; 2008-01-16 at 04:57 PM.

Default Damn
    damn .. i had bought new iPhone on Dec. OTB 1.1.2 .. ..

i thought . i could unlock after 1.1.3 would b out .. but but ... anyother way guys ?? my iphone is only ipod now ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123