Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An Update on the OTB 1.1.2 Unlock

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rben View Post
    Well people you have been waiting for so long i am sure you can wait for couple more days for the dev team to do their job and not to BS around in the forum.

If there is someone who thinks they can do a better job why dont they try it on their on but blame the DEV team for doing their job.

You are right, I have tried it on my own. I got a pocketfullof NextSims. Havent you even read this forum? A software unlock aint gonna happen. I have been saying that for more than a month.

As far as "blaming" the so called Devs, I have not seen anyone here blame them. They did their best and none have forgot their success with the FW's before 1.1.2.

But seriously dude...are you living in dreamland? "A couple more days". LOL

I really dont thing there are DEVS working on this. I think they stopped just after 1.1.2 came out. They are smart people and they dont move forward via your karma.

The "cat and mouse" game is over. The cat won.

I'll bet AAPL will soon set its sights on the sim emulators. AT&T has got to be having fits. Every sim sold is money out of their pockets, and lets not forget AAPL makes more money from its exclusive deal with AT&T than they do from sales of the iPhone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to taylorcold For This Useful Post:

unmgranger33 (2008-01-13)

your right dude, if i would be able to have a hard unlock i would buy n not just waste time on forums n stuff to have news, or anything, but its just not possible for me now so that i have to stick to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Angello View Post
    i was talking to one guy who is really into iphone stuff today, and he said that 1.1.3 should be out next week. Is that true? Also he said that non of the turbosim cards will be able to work with 1.1.3.
    Do ye think that this is BS?

Regards
    Supposable Jan 15 is when 1.1.3 is gonna be released... but remember, that just a rumor... until it happens then I will believe the news haha So tuesday or sometime we should find out I don't wanna waste my money on a ***SIM, I'd rather donate to the DEV TEAM for a software (I have nothing against ***SIM, just I prefer software mod...)

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    You are right, I have tried it on my own. I got a pocketfullof NextSims. Havent you even read this forum? A software unlock aint gonna happen. I have been saying that for more than a month.

As far as "blaming" the so called Devs, I have not seen anyone here blame them. They did their best and none have forgot their success with the FW's before 1.1.2.

But seriously dude...are you living in dreamland? "A couple more days". LOL

I really dont thing there are DEVS working on this. I think they stopped just after 1.1.2 came out. They are smart people and they dont move forward via your karma.

The "cat and mouse" game is over. The cat won.

I'll bet AAPL will soon set its sights on the sim emulators. AT&T has got to be having fits. Every sim sold is money out of their pockets, and lets not forget AAPL makes more money from its exclusive deal with AT&T than they do from sales of the iPhone.

i agree 100%.. taylor has been saying this for soo long, and im glad i listened to him.,.

im now enjoying my 1.1.2 IPHOne unlocked..ty to my *sim

i knew this sort of BS would happen with the upgrade and it wasent as simple as " as soon as 1.1.3 comes, unlock will be here" .. .apple has loads of tricks up thier sleves..

Iv lost all hope for 1.1.2 software unlock after reading this, it aint gonna happen.. get your *sim while theyre still cheap.. i think the price is gonna go up the longer a software unlock dosent happen./.

But do you think XSIMS will work for 1.1.3?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget171175 View Post
    I've got an o2 OTB 1.1.2 phone, unlocked it for any o2 sim via method in http://www.iphoneunlockuk.com, which involved downloading to 1.1.1, jailbreaking, activation, then upgrading back to 1.1.2 etc.

I'm using an O2 SIM on a Simplicity tariff.

If I wanted the latest firmware upgrade, i.e 1.1.3, is it possible to virginise it back to "shop/out of box" condition, then activate it onto a new official iPhone O2 tariff, or has my unlocking/jailbreaking eliminated that possibility now.

Apologies if this is in the wrong post, but I'm new to all this, and all the hits on virginising appear to only relate to 1.1.1 and earlier.

I posted here, as my question is related to 1.1.3 when it comes out, I'm just wondering if I can restore the phone to factory default via iTunes, then activate it officially through iTunes on a new O2 tariff.

Thanks in advance
    Sorry for the bump, but does anyone know the answer to this please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed View Post
    i agree 100%.. taylor has been saying this for soo long, and im glad i listened to him.,.

im now enjoying my 1.1.2 IPHOne unlocked..ty to my *sim

Iv lost all hope for 1.1.2 software unlock after reading this, it aint gonna happen.. get your *sim while theyre still cheap.. i think the price is gonna go up the longer a software unlock dosent happen./.
    It still amazes me that people think *SIM's unlock iPhones. They allow you, and only you, to use your iPhone with the carrier of your choice.

Unlocking is unlocking (whether it be software, hardware or Subsidy code).

It's humorous that people get outraged when someone posts a fake "I unlocked 1.1.2" claim, yet when someone says "StealthSIM unlocks your phone", not a peep.

Kooky.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

taylorcold (2008-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    It still amazes me that people think *SIM's unlock iPhones. They allow you, and only you, to use your iPhone with the carrier of your choice.

Unlocking is unlocking (whether it be software, hardware or Subsidy code).

It's humorous that people get outraged when someone posts a fake "I unlocked 1.1.2" claim, yet when someone says "StealthSIM unlocks your phone", not a peep.

Kooky.
    I really dont getr the distinction my friend.

I have software unlocked them and NextSim unlocked them. Yes "unlocked". When I software unlock them I see "T-Mobile" in the top left side and when I use my NextSim I see the same thing. I can put any other sim in my NextSim unlocked phone and I see THAT sims name, just like the software unlock.

The software method is more elegant and of course its free but the results are the same. I can use any sim in my iPhone.

At any rate Mr. Moderator, youd better get used to the expression because the old way (software) is not looking like it will be seen for a long time, if ever.

Tell me how my iPhone isnt "unlocked". If it was "locked" because it could only be used with AT&T, then how id it not unlocked now when I can use any sim I want??

Splain that to me Mr. Moderator.

Please dont tell me you are playing a semantics game. The DEVS are dead....long live the "unlocking Sims".

Yes, unlocked.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to taylorcold For This Useful Post:

kojirovn (2008-01-16)

Thanks

I have software unlocked them and NextSim unlocked them. Yes "unlocked". When I software unlock them I see "T-Mobile" in the top left side and when I use my NextSim I see the same thing. I can put any other sim in my NextSim unlocked phone and I see THAT sims name, just like the software unlock.

The software method is more elegant and of course its free but the results are the same. I can use any sim in my iPhone.

At any rate Mr. Moderator, youd better get used to the expression because the old way (software) is not looking like it will be seen for a long time, if ever.

Tell me how my iPhone isnt "unlocked". If it was "locked" because it could only be used with AT&T, then how id it not unlocked now when I can use any sim I want??

Please dont tell me you are playing a semantics game. The DEVS are dead....long live the "unlocking Sims".

Yes, unlocked.
    Its actually you and your ilk who are playing the semantics game "my friend".

And here's the very simple distinction. Can you loan your friend your iPhone , have him pop in his unmodified SIM and successfully use it with his carrier? That is what an "unlocked" phone can do.

Or... as you realize yourself, would he either 1) need to cut up his SIM in order to also use your NextSIM, or 2) shell out $50 - $80 on his own *SIM for the couple of minutes or days he wants to borrow the phone.

Or... can you take your NextSIM iPhone overseas, pop in a local SIM and use it without roaming charges (because the NextSIM is still tricking the carrier into thinking you're using an American AT&T SIM).

Please, by all means, tell me that your "unlocked" iPhone can do this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Set back while I BURN this fool.
    nicely put.

I can't believe he would really try to argue that point.

Thanks

And here's the very simple distinction. Can you loan your friend your iPhone , have him pop in his unmodified SIM and successfully use it with his carrier? That is what an "unlocked" phone can do.

oK...Good point but really, how often are you going to loan a friend a phone and then tell him to put his own sim in it?

Or... as you realize yourself, would he either 1) need to cut up his SIM in order to also use your NextSIM, or 2) shell out $50 - $80 on his own *SIM for the couple of minutes or days he wants to borrow the phone.

LOL...Ok...you got kme there but again, i have never had a friend ask me to loan them my phone for more than to make a call and then I would just hand it to him and let him make the call for free, after all he's my friend. making him put in hos own sim would be like inviting him to my house and askingn him to put money on the table to make a call.

Seriously Mr. Moderator, how often does the senario you mention actually come up?

Or... can you take your NextSIM iPhone overseas, pop in a local SIM and use it without roaming charges (because the NextSIM is still tricking the carrier into thinking you're using an American AT&T SIM).

Well Mr. Moderator, it depends on where you go. I have a friend who used his in Brazil without the roaming charges. I do believe they are ineffective in parts of Europe. Small price to pay for an almost 100% unlocked phone.

I can take my NextSim out of the sim tray, restore and slip in the AT&T card it came with and let Apple fix it if it breaks. Can you do that with your software unlock.

The truth is, we are arguing a moot point Mr. Moderator. Even if your software solution is the only true unlock, does it really matter when you cant aply your software unlock on any new phones?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to taylorcold For This Useful Post:

kojirovn (2008-01-16)

Thanks

oK...Good point but really, how often are you going to loan a friend a phone and then tell him to put his own sim in it?

LOL...Ok...you got kme there but again, i have never had a friend ask me to loan them my phone for more than to make a call and then I would just hand it to him and let him make the call for free, after all he's my friend. making him put in hos own sim would be like inviting him to my house and askingn him to put money on the table to make a call.

Seriously Mr. Moderator, how often does the senario you mention actually come up?

Well Mr. Moderator, it depends on where you go. I have a friend who used his in Brazil without the roaming charges. I do believe they are ineffective in parts of Europe. Small price to pay for an almost 100% unlocked phone.

I can take my NextSim out of the sim tray, restore and slip in the AT&T card it came with and let Apple fix it if it breaks. Can you do that with your software unlock.

The truth is, we are arguing a moot point Mr. Moderator. Even if your software solution is the only true unlock, does it really matter when you cant aply your software unlock on any new phones?
    A simple admission that you're wrong would have sufficed. And this is not a moot point. You asked what the distinction was between an unlocked phone and a *SIM modified phone was. You've been given it. Perhaps in future you'll use the correct terminology.

And the "Mr. Moderator" crack is getting tired.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-01-14 at 07:20 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

DoerrFan (2008-01-14)

Please tell me im not going to get charged roaming charges on T-mobile UK, i just ordered a turbo sim for my US ootb 1.1.2.

The quote above has thrown me a little

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gman2207 View Post
    Please tell me im not going to get charged roaming charges on T-mobile UK, i just ordered a turbo sim for my US ootb 1.1.2.

The quote above has thrown me a little
    You can reprogram a TurboSIM to reflect local values, like O2 in the UK.

thank god for that, i may need help with that when the time comes

cheers

gav

Thanks

You've been given it. Perhaps in future you'll use the correct terminology.

Thanks for the clarification. My "sim modified" iPhone can make calls w/o AT&T, whatever its called.

And the "Mr. Moderator" crack is getting tired.

No offense meant.

Just another quick one and i do apologise for being a noob i only received my iphone a 4 days ago.

Will i need an O2 contract sim to program my turbosim? I put a mates O2 contract sim in my iphone yesterday and no joy.

thanks in advance

EDIT: Im getting myself more confused by reading different things, here goes:

I have a US version 1.1.2 OTB Iphone, and i am awaiting a turbosim bought off of ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130188641266)

I now assume that its pre-programmed, have i bought the wrong one?

Will i get charged roaming charges with T-Mobile UK?

Im confussed....
    Last edited by gman2207; 2008-01-14 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gman2207 View Post
    Just another quick one and i do apologise for being a noob i only received my iphone a 4 days ago.

Will i need an O2 contract sim to program my turbosim? I put a mates O2 contract sim in my iphone yesterday and no joy.

thanks in advance

EDIT: Im getting myself more confused by reading different things, here goes:

I have a US version 1.1.2 OTB Iphone, and i am awaiting a turbosim bought off of ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130188641266)

I now assume that its pre-programmed, have i bought the wrong one?

Will i get charged roaming charges with T-Mobile UK?

Im confussed....
    Yes, they are pre-programmed, but you can change the programming when you get them. If memory serves, you need two pieces of ID, the carriers CCID and something else. You should be able to use your friends SIM or/and Phone to get the right values. I'll look into it further when I get home if you like.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

gman2207 (2008-01-14)

Yes, they are pre-programmed, but you can change the programming when you get them. If memory serves, you need two pieces of ID, the carriers CCID and something else. You should be able to use your friends SIM or/and Phone to get the right values. I'll look into it further when I get home if you like.
    That would be great, i managed the jailbreaking etc brilliantly first time. Im quite good with stuff like this its just the us - uk, O2 - AT&T thing im getting confussed with, any help you can give me will be more than welcomed.

Cheers

Gav

Yes, unlocked.
    Dude whats with you and your Xsim pre-tend unlocks i mean are you on commission or something?

And do you have proof an free software unlock wont come out? I don't think so.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast